Any New Unity Letters Planned?

I was just wondering if there are any further Unity plans. It seems that it could help to send another letter that clearly states the problems with the pending legislation. I'd be happy to contribute to drafting something.

I feel that removing the political cover used by many of the politicians can help with public support. Too many of these politicians parrot the same crap when discussing these bills. For instance they will say that HB4834 is good because of the photo on the card and that it will allow police to stop attacking patient grows. They are aware too that the photo is essentially a trivial matter and the heart of that amendment is the opening of the patient registry to much wider group of 'officials', a rights violation.

If we can clearly state that the patients again oppose these amendments and the reasons why, we can gain some strength in our voting bloc. As important as sending this to the politicians is fully copying the press on the Unity letter. We need the press to educate the people about the implications to qualifying patients of this impending legislation.

We need the help of the media to strip the political cover so the politician can't later say, 'I tried to help patients but I didn't understand the harm it could do.'

We need to show that they understand fully.

I think that an important angle, which could be reflected in another unity effort, is to hold the law makers accountable. The wording of the bills, in some instances, concerning registry access and other issues, are not seen by most of the legislature, as leaving us as vulnerable, as we do.

Most of the law makers in the House(a similar out come is likely in the Senate), are voting for these bills, in full belief that they are designed to protect patients and to clarify serious "grey areas" in the Act.

We may as well begin accepting the passage of these bills. They will be brought up in committee around mid June in the Senate.

We need to get the law makers to agree and to confirm that their INTENT, regardless of the actual words in the bills, is to protect Patients.

Legislative INTENT , is supposed to be seriously considered when interpreting the law. If we get them on record, enmass, confirming that the INTENT is to protect patients- it can be pointed to when judges need to make interpretations.

I would like to figure out how to confront the driving issue in unity.

Well you could start with questions like have you every taken a proscribed pain killer and had to drive someplace because it was an unexpected event that required your presents? Yep that is under the influence..

Do you realize that this bill opens the door to people being arrested for taking medications proscribed by their doctors? I.E Big pharm meds...

Maybe find a way to inject that these bills are a form of discrimination ageist the sick and dying. ?