Helping Patients Become Healthier

I was trying to see the best place to post this topic, and the reason I chose Patient Issues is that I believe patients deserve information that will benefit their health.  So, keeping this in mind I am convinced that organic, outdoor natural gardening is very healthy for the gardener as well as his neighbors.  Healthy patients is the goal, and this is another avenue toward that end, in my opinion.  Any help from the audience would be appreciated greatley, as I am an extreme novice mostly here. 

So, this year I wanted to build a permaculture (look it up, really cool stuff!!), but alas, I am limited by my health and resources to do it correctly, I am trying my best so here is what I am going to do.  I have worked in many organic nutrients including lots and lots of leaves from my yard, some organic homemade compost, and some fish emulsion, kelp, alfalfa meal, bloodmeal, and some other crushed rock with lots of good stuff, fireplace ashes from hardwood, and some other stuff that was healthy to add.  I have raked some rows now, so there are berms about 18" high and sort of narrow on top.  This combined will the thick mulch will help with watering/drainage, as I am directing some rainwater into the trenches to save on my water bill.  So, there are berms all along the garden from east to west, with trenches in between.  I am going to mulch the crap out of it for weeds, and plant in the tops of the berms.  This was the best thing I could think of to do this year, and with any luck I can seed in the fall with alfalfa and clover for weed control and green manure for the next year.  I am hoping to get away with just adding mulch and not having to till this ever again, but it is not a permaculture, so we shall see, probably not.

I also want to plant some shrubs/flowers that will attract bees and butterflies and hummingbirds.  I have a new hummingbird feeder that someone gave us for Christmas and I will find out how to use it and get it out there soon, I hope.  I want to learn more about which plants can help protect other plants, etc.

So, anything you guys want to help me with, or just talk about what you do in your garden that could help us patients live a healthier, better life?  Good luck and good gardening!!

Peace...

FunnyFarmIndustries.gif000ee8cb_medium.jpgOrg3.jpgDSCN0001.jpgrhyme.jpgfunny-pictures-bunny-eats-gardens.jpgfunny-pictures-farmer-earl-0Vu.jpg527bb902f34249d137fe031e0bdabb1c_1.jpgFarmer_pandy_kungFu.pngturkey-thumb.jpgorganic-gardening-1.jpgOrganicGardeningBook.jpgpermaculturegarden.pnga295b77c.jpgx139_organicgarden.jpgOrganicGardening2-80copy.jpgorganicbroccoli.jpggreen-basics-organic-produce-stand.jpg

I really could use your help.  If you know how to help me in my garden I would appreciate it.  I have so much to learn.  I have some good ideas from another site, but you guys might also have something to add.  Can you tell me where I am going wrong, what, if anything, am I doing right?  It is going to be warming up so everything needs to be organized now if possible.  I find it hard to believe that nobody on this forum likes outdoor organic veggie gardening enough to want to share their experience in this area, so I will just request your help this 1 last time.  No sense beating a dead horse, but I really know how much this type of food helps patients become healthier through better nutrition, and I am excited to get started again.  If you have some ideas, please share.  If not, have a good day anyways!  Happy gardening everyone!

Peace...

I'v been wanting to go all organic for a while now, i think its great that you are trying to do so. The only thing that i might add is that brewing some organic tea is a great way to keep your plants healthy and thriving.  

best of luck!

Do you brew your own organic tea?  What is your recipe?  That sounds like good advice.  Thank you so very much thecannabiskid!

Peace...

Edited by Bisharoo

i do.. I'm not sure what i do is totally organic, i use worm castings with a little unrefined sugar in a nylon stocking, I also pour a little molasses in the water and.add a air stone and ph to 5.5, brew for like 48 hours. When you see a foam starting to form on the top you know its alive. It can be brewed many ways with many different bases. /I know some people brew with compost, so you can experiment with different ways. the key is unrefined sugar and air stones/water movement.

i do.. I'm not sure what i do is totally organic, i use worm castings with a little unrefined sugar in a nylon stocking, I also pour a little molasses in the water and.add a air stone and ph to 5.5, brew for like 48 hours. When you see a foam starting to form on the top you know its alive. It can be brewed many ways with many different bases. /I know some people brew with compost, so you can experiment with different ways. the key is unrefined sugar and air stones/water movement.

Thanks again for the timely info. cannabiskid!!  I bet this is just packed with good nutrition for hungry plants.  Good info.  Thank you for taking the time to post.  These are the kind of ideas that I need to learn about.  This helps a lot.

Peace...