Last Minute Advice

thxmi4mmma08

i have a sativa that has been in flowering for 11 weeks, and even though it's a beauty of a plant to look at, it has barely any sugars, or visible trichomes. it's also not very sticky at all, or stinky.

is there anything i can do to help it? i was going to do the last watering tomorrow, and give a 5 day break before chopping it down, but i'm open to suggestions. is there a chance it needs longer than 12 weeks?

ditto, different strains take different times.

also the equipment used to grow can speed up or slow down the harvesting times.

me and a few friends have the same exact strain (sweet tooth), mine finishes itself in 6-7 weeks of flowering with the equipment i use... some of my friends take 10-11 weeks with the equipment they use... the strain is a 9-10 week strain according to Barneys Farm

i will use this analogy... when you grow a tomato plant, you do not just wait a specified amount of time based on what the seed pack says and then harvest all the tomatoes... you wait till the tomatoes are properly vine ripened then you pick them. MJ is similar, get yourself a pocket microscope and learn to watch the tricromes mature. they will start clear, then turn a milkey white color, then some may turn a nice auburn color. these levels of maturity and the density of this change (% of clear vs white vs auburn) will help you learn when it is time to harvest.

i got a seed bank from a friend, but i don't know the name of the specific strain. there were 5 different strains, separated, but unidentified when i got it. this one exhibits very sativa dominant traits, though, like long skinny leaves, and i had to tie it down (a supercropping method of sorts) to deal with the height.

very few of the hairs have turned color at all. in the past, my method for deciding when a plant is done has been 300x magnification of the glands, but this has not yet developed visible ones to my naked eye. also, i've only had indicas, and i know very little about sativas.

any info. or advice is very appreciated.

peace

yeah..

By all means stick with it...reduce the light cycle to induce quicker flowering

Man...this could be an awesome sativa!

They pack on weight and trichomes toward the end...

You might really be glad you stuck with it...so...stick with it!

Many seed companies count from the time flowers appear(about 2wks)

So add two weeks + a thin leaf sativa could take 12-14 weeks

Will be worth it for you....

i'm going to give it a chance, and i hope it turns out, because i have clones of it that i don't want to waste or replace. it's been a beauty of a plant to watch grow. i'll just keep giving it sugars/organic nutes and hope for the best.

i want to get some pix up, so i can get some guesses as to what it might be.

thanks for the knowledge!

peace

Archived