Public Housing

I would have to think yes! as long as it is in an enclosed locked room, and you are the only one with access, but that leaves a little flaw, in most rentals the landlord has permission to enter your premises in cases of emergency'''''''s whether you are home or not,,

(once again im not a lawyer and dont claim to know it all)

I would have to say if you told your landlord what you were doing, and they approved and didnt have access to that room, you would be good to go,,public housing may have dif rules, but either way you have a defense, if you have any legal issues, and if you stay with in the legal limits, at most you will be in the court system for a while setting precedence, good or bad,

so either way if you do it and dont tell the landlord, just keep a real low profile, you dont mention if they pay for your electric or if you do! or if each unit has its own electric meter, if they are paying and can see how much more power you are using, that may lead them to want to enter your unit! lol, i just medicated, and im a little more paranoid than normal....paranoia it will save you! good luck either way!

mention if they pay for your electric or if you do! or if each unit has its own electric meter, if they are paying and can see how much more power you are using, that may lead them to want to enter your unit!

The electric is not paid by the landlord, however they do have a "zero tolerance" drug policy; even if an arrest was made away from the housing premisis, to a tenant, involving illegal drugs, an automatic eviction follows! I agree with phaquetoo, a precedent will ultimately have to be set so the law is tested, more defined, and kept in check by the judicial branch of our governing system. Who would like to go through the court system though? The quickest route to court would probably be by asking the landlord permission to grow cannabis. We all should have the right to grow our own medicine!

I don't handle welfare law. Contact the Legal Aid and Defenders Association (LADA) or Michigan Legal Services in Downtown Detroit for a free consult- and please tell us what they say (and say Hi to Gary for me!)

Since marijuana is illegal under federal law and since these housing projects are federally funded I would think the answer is a big fat NO!

Archived