Advice Needed.

Last year in Sept. I had a job interview and in the interview they asked me to take a drug test. I showed them my paperwork and that I am a registered Medical Marijuana patient and that is all that they are going to find in my system. Needless to say I did not get hired but shouldn't my personal information be confidential?

The reason that I ask is that I got hired at a different company who happens to be the competition of the company that didn't hire me. There are 2 guys that are good friend from what I found out 1 from each company one that works with me and 1 that works for the company that didn't hire me.

Lately I have been getting comments from some of the guys in the field saying "Hey, I heard you get prescriptions for weed", or "Can you get any of that good medicien". I have not told anyone at the company that I work for now about me being a registered patient. The only time I revealed that is to the 1st company that I interviewed with and the company that I work for now didn't require a drug test?

I can only assume that the guy from the job interview (who happens to be friends with a guy I work with now) told him and he started telling everyone? I can't prove anything but that information should have been confidential!

Legally what can I do?

that sucks sounds kind of shady. I wouldnt bother getting a lawyer , not really much you can do. It would be hard to prove that they violated your privacy as opposed to word of mouth getting around. Not saying thats what happen, but as far as legally it will never happen . I would just look at people when they ask with a really confused look, liike " what the hell are you talking about , michigan has medical marijuana???!?!" and that should take care of anything lol.

that sucks sounds kind of shady. I wouldnt bother getting a lawyer , not really much you can do. It would be hard to prove that they violated your privacy as opposed to word of mouth getting around. Not saying thats what happen, but as far as legally it will never happen . I would just look at people when they ask with a really confused look, liike " what the hell are you talking about , michigan has medical marijuana???!?!" and that should take care of anything lol.

Unless it harms your livelihood, it is just bad judgment. If it affects you monetarily you have a case. As for 'TheSmartestManAlive' "never" happens in court!

The courts have done some crazy things so never is not always never

Yeah i guess i only advised the OP to drop it because the amount of money she would have to spend on the lawyer, court charges, and the lost time from work is for a case that is more then likely to never get looked at. It just sounds like a big gamble to spend the money on it, and then in the end the judge just throws it out or it never even makes it that far. Sucks thats how things are, but it is what it is.

I did play dumb when the guys were making comments but I was pissed at the same time. It hasn't affected my job at all (so far) and I need to look into job interview confidentiality laws because there is no way these people could have found out. The only connection is between the 2 guys that are friends that work for different companies.

Archived