Getting Card W/o Insurance

I have had serve back surgery and I currently don't have insurance, most of the places I have talked to say I need 3 doctors visits. I don't have the extra money for the visits and was wondering if anyone could help.

You need 3 past Dr. visits within the last 3 years. If you had back surgery within 3 years I am sure you will be able to get 3 different pieces of paper work saying that you have had back surgery and are in pain.

OneHitter... there is almost ALWAYS nerve damage when a surgery is done... EVEN if the surgery fixed the underlying problem.

A doctor DOES NOT always need 3 records of past visits to make a recommendation for MMJ... they may help... but they are not always needed.

Call around, find a doctor that is aware of MMJ as a medication alternative and that is open to making a recommendation.

Getting some relief from pain is a wonderful thing.

Good luck.

I have had serve back surgery and I currently don't have insurance, most of the places I have talked to say I need 3 doctors visits. I don't have the extra money for the visits and was wondering if anyone could help.

OneHitter... there is almost ALWAYS nerve damage when a surgery is done... EVEN if the surgery fixed the underlying problem.

A doctor DOES NOT always need 3 records of past visits to make a recommendation for MMJ... they may help... but they are not always needed.

Call around, find a doctor that is aware of MMJ as a medication alternative and that is open to making a recommendation.

Getting some relief from pain is a wonderful thing.

Good luck.

Thanks, I was thinking about it but didn't know if calling Doctor offices and asking if they prescribed MMJ would be ok or not. I will give it a whirl!

Doctors can't prescribe MMJ, they can only recommend it.

Most doctors that do recs will want past records that show a qualifying condition to cover themselves. The clinics like THCF that are set up just for MMJ recs will want you to fax your paperwork to them in advance (free) then will call you if you qualify to set up an appointment.

You should post your general area, be it city or county, ect...so members near you may be able to tell you of a doctor in your area.

Keep in mind the going rate for a rec is around $200 plus the $100 state fee currently. As more clinics open across the state prices should drop.

When you find a doctor take your records from your surgery, you can get the from that doctor if you don't have them, even it they are past 3 years it would still be better to have them so the doctor can put them in his file.

Archived