Fighting Infection

greenleaf

I won't name the person for any reason. DON'T ASK.

I'm sure it wasn't intentional. The person is good spirited and has a kind heart, but...

I recieved a pair of clones. I believed they had neem oil on them or some other protective coating.

What happened was, it is or evolved into mold, mildew or a virus. This powdery mildew or mold has spread to my 7 month old + DJ Short mother plant. It is in danger of infecting my White Russian Mother which is almost 1 year old.

At this point, I need to trash both clones to stop the spread of infection. I might need to find a way to quarantine the mother or destroy her altogether and regrow her from a cutting that has been stripped down of fan leaves to almost nothing.

The Chemdog and *** (other plant) are trash. As of this morning, the stem of the Chemdog is covered in mold. I let it go a little to confirm it 100%.

Late for work. Don't have time for pics. Any tips or recommendations are GREATLY appreciated.

HOW DO I CURB THIS DISASTER!!!!???!! How to treat Mold and Powdery Mildew? Please Advise.

Wish I could be here more often. Working ovvertime lately.

Please Help!

I might snap a shot for posterity, but I don't want it on my work camera and I'm almost late. If you're involved and want a photo, feel free to ask, but the best thing to do at this stage is nuke the Chemdog and *** (other plant). ASAP.

My morning started with puking bile (3am). And ended with this. Kind of sucks. But I'm hanging in there.

Wisdom and insight appreciated. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

OK, first thing you need to do is go buy a bottle of serenade. The stuff smells absolutely horrible just to warn you, but its a contact killer for molds, mildews and fungus. I had a mold problem and it stopped it in its tracks. Also, this will help kill the mold, but you need to control the factors which contribute to mold/mildew in the first place. High humidity and low airflow are the biggest ones.

Step one: get serenade, reapply once a week until the mold problem dissipates.

Step two: fix your humidity/air flow problem.

Just for reference, serenade is an organic non-toxic fungicide; its based on a strain of bacteria which likes to eat mold. So once the bacteria is done eating the mold they just die off and leave your plants healthy.

Sulfur burners are another option, but its more cost effective to use one if you have a really large area to cover. If hes only trying to save a few plants the serenade is a good alternative.

TFB

Archived