[TUTORIAL] No Strain Canna-Butter

Jipo

Submitted By: JipoSubmitted On: Today, 11:55 AMSubmitted In: Cooking, Medibles, and TincturesClick here to go to tutorial

Ok so I lied, today I'm going to make a second tutorial after reading the Pressing canna-butter thread I decided to share the way I make butter.

First boil a pot of water, since butter and trichs are both not water soluble you don't have to worry about them mixing.

Once the water is boiling add your trim or buds to the mix, stir them often as to break off as many of the trichs as possible, also make sure your water isn't getting to hot. A nice steady boil is all it needs to agitate the plant matter not trying to burn of vaporize valuble chemicals but heat makes trichs more brittle.

After 15-20 minutes of boiling the matter add your butter it will melt in the water, stir it a handful of times to agitate everything again, and then let it settle and remove the heat, the next step is to stick it in the fridge to allow the water to cool and the butter to harden.

The end result is all the trim sinks to the bottom of the pan or dish that you put it in, and the butter floats. When its left over night in the fridge it should be more then cool enough for the butter to resolidify and since the butter and trichs float you end up with some very nice butter, then scoop out the chunk of butter floating atop the water and dispose of the waste.

Voila no straining very potent canna-butter. Another thing I do sometimes is dump the the melted butter and water into a butter dish or tupper-ware so when it hardens its already the same diameter as the dish you're going to store it in then pull out the hardened butter chunk, empty the water and trim from the dish and set the chunk back in, fits like a glove!

Archived