Would I Qualify

I've had cronic shoulder Paine for over a year from rollerblading incident. i just recently got insurance so I've only been to dr a couple times, where he would just give me vicotin or some muscle relaxer. Finally he perscribed physical therepy. I went to a couple appointmens but only in order to gk before they closed I had to leave wrk early 3 times aweek. So for finacial reasons I stopped going. Would not completing this therpy disqualify me for mm card? I plan on using the mmmcc to get certified, don't want to go to my doc because the whole insurance thing. Thanks!!!

Chronic pain is a justifiable qualification, I believe. In my opinion, completing physical therapy shouldn't disqualify you, but I'm not a physician. I would think it would depend on whether your physician, in his opinion, found enough adequate documentation of the condition. Physical therapy can help ease the pain, but is often not a cure. Just my opinion, though.

I agree with JohnB, you qualify.

Absolutely.

Chronic Pain is my qualifying condition, and autoimmune RA, but the pain is the MF in my opinion as I cannot seem to notice the damage being done by the RA except for the pain and swelling. So, I can say with confidence many work well cannabis strains for pain and swelling abatement, which usually accompany an injury too.

If your Dr. won't sign you'll have to visit a clinic, be prepard to spend some $$. THCF making whoopee rocks, they use a sliding pay scale and had a great Dr. Dr. Meyer a holistic dude that had way more recommendations than just Medical Cannabis, gonna post them here soon.

Finally he perscribed physical therepy. I went to a couple appointmens but only in order to gk before they closed I had to leave wrk early 3 times aweek. So for finacial reasons I stopped going. Thanks!!!

I am not a doctor, but you really should do your physical therepy. I broke my elbow some 20 years ago and it still hurts

when I extend my arm. (no physical therepy)

Even if you can't make it to the perscribed location, try doing your therapy at home. If you suffer thru a few months of

agony/pain to prevent a cronic condition, don't you think it's worth it?

Anyway best of luck to you, and hope all goes well! :)

Still do the exercises they gave me for at home and I have a friend that is message therpist that I go see. And that's basicly all they were doin at PT! They did trasound but I still don't think that goin to help.thank you for your imput I apreiciate it

Still do the exercises they gave me for at home and I have a friend that is message therpist that I go see. And that's basicly all they were doin at PT! They did trasound but I still don't think that goin to help.thank you for your imput I apreiciate it

Pops... you have the physical basis for the pain you are experiencing (your shoulder injury which you sought treatment for) and your doctor prescribed pain meds for you.

Injuries to joints can go on for a VERY long time because the movement often causes RE-INJURY and irritation... and a return or increase in pain.

Get a physicians opinion of course (hopefully one that is MMJ aware) but I would think you would easily qualify.

Also, if you've ever had a surgery done there is almost always nerve damage that occurs due the the severing of nerves, etc and the pain in these areas some times never goes completely away even if the surgery fixed the original problem.

Good luck with it.

Archived