Running Thru Co2 A Tank Per Day!

thatoneartist

I have my my hood exhaust running outside the room. Just my portable air conditioner draws air from the room...And when I turn it off the heat goes over 95 degrees. Should I take my air conditioner outside the room and cut a vent for the cool air to blow in but have the portable pull from outside? Is that possible? Dumb question right? Just want to make sure, I can just put my portable air cond next to the room like that right?

should I take pics?

Why wouldnt you have the AC running all day?

If you are running CO2 properly you can handle temps in the upper 80's

easily during the day.

When you are not running your lights you do not need to be running CO2

Are you sure your CO2 regulator and monitor are working properly?

Do you have your PPM set properly?

When you start just pulling air in from the outside you really need to start

worrying about what else is coming in (bugs??)

Again, your post is very confusing!

Friend, it sounds like you're loosing your Co2 via your air conditioning unit and any other room air leaks that you may have. All air condo units exchange room air unless you have a sealed compressor. For growing in a closed environment that’s Co2 rich you need what’s called "Mini split" air conditoner unit. That places the compressor outside and your main cooling unit remains in the grow room without any air exchange. . It provides both heat and cooling with one unit. Inverter technology allows the unit to sense your room much like Fuzzy Logic does for your Co2. That means your cooling will ramp up slowly and tapers off when it gets close to selected temp

I use, and recommend a Daikin inverter. They do cost more but are well worth the investment.

I hope the info helps.

Archived