Okay To Let Another Caregiver Operate In Your Grow Room?

JayBuds

Ok well here is the choice we need to make, I am a caregiver for 12 plants, My brother who is very close to me is possibly going to become a caretaker for someone and my brother wants to grow his 12 plants in my grow room...Is it okay if we do it like this or would it be better if I just become the caregiver for both the patients?

What If I am the only one that ever enters the room and tends to plants?

Understand we just want to get him protected with a card and that would be the reasoning for this as he lives with me and also he would be delivering meds to a patient and helping me out with other aspects of the operation (outside of the grow room if he must) so thoughts?

This is one of the many ambiguities in the law.

On Wednesday, 6/9 I attended a presentation given to the Wayne County prosecutors, judges and public defenders by the manager of the state's Medical Marihuana program and she touched on this question when discussing collectives. She indicated that the law used the word "a" preceding the word "caregiver" when addressing who would be allowed in the grow room. She pointed out that if the law had used the word "the" before the word "caregiver" it would be clear that only the "designated primary caregiver" would be allowed access. The way it is worded she felt that there would be a lot of confusion by leo if and when collectives develop and the courts would eventually have to decide.

The reality is that living together and if you both "have" caregiver cards in hand and stick to the 12 plants per patient ratio you should probably be ok.

This is one of the many ambiguities in the law.

On Wednesday, 6/9 I attended a presentation given to the Wayne County prosecutors, judges and public defenders by the manager of the state's Medical Marihuana program and she touched on this question when discussing collectives. She indicated that the law used the word "a" preceding the word "caregiver" when addressing who would be allowed in the grow room. She pointed out that if the law had used the word "the" before the word "caregiver" it would be clear that only the "designated primary caregiver" would be allowed access. The way it is worded she felt that there would be a lot of confusion by leo if and when collectives develop and the courts would eventually have to decide.

The reality is that living together and if you both "have" caregiver cards in hand and stick to the 12 plants per patient ratio you should probably be ok.

Thanks for that really helpful information. Do you think it would be better if I got both the cards and he pretends like he doesnt know about the grow or would we be better if both of us to have the card...We will be doing 24 plants (2 patients). On one hand we would have one person endangering himself by living in a house where a growop is at and being unregistered, on the other hand its two growers sharing one room so it seems like kind of a toss up on the direction we should take with this. I think we will just go ahead and get him his card so he can be protected at the least and leave the debating of 24 plants in one room up to the judge should something happen?

So I think we will do the 24, both of us get cards, and I will be the only one to enter the room? Would I be considered to have possesion of his plants even if its in his house? If I am the only one that enters the room shouldn't it cover the "a" caregiver part when it talks about entering the grow room? Could he be considered under possession of my plants? How do the cops decide who is responsible for marijuana plants anyways? My patient lives here also so could he be considered under possession of the plants somehow, (he is the owner of the building technically)? The room is under lock and key and only I have a key.

and lastly when are we going to start tossing some of these ridiculous rules in the laws, my situation I think just illustrates how they do not work for patients and caregivers who live in the same home amongst other issues such as drying buds counting as multiple plants...

Archived