Basement Floor Plan - Advice Needed

Casper

Hi everyone, I am planning on starting my 1st grow and I want to do it right the 1st time. I have doing research on growing the plants for about 8 months now by reading, going to CC's and asking questions, etc, etc. Now is the time for me to start. I plan on doing RDWC Hydro system with multiple buckets. The problem that I am having is properly laying out the room. I have attached a floor plan with dimensions and in this floor plan I want to have a flower room, veg room, mother/clone room, and drying & curing room all within this room shown on the attached floor plan. I have all of the construction skills to build the walls, install drywall, electrical, HVAC, etc, but I need a blue print/layout showing where I should build the rooms within the space provided.

I am a patient and only allowed 12 plants for the time being but I want to plan for having the max amount of plants (72) when designing the layout. I am not even going to attempt to be a caregiver until I have at least 1 year of actual grow experience under my belt and feel confident enough to offer services to people in need of medicene. My goal is to build it right the 1st time to accomodate 72 plants that way I can expand without tearing walls down, moving lights, etc, etc. Thanks in advance!

Basement floor plan.pdf

Wow, if I only had that kind of room to work with...

The whole basement?

I'd build a wall (and door) blocking off the little bump out (9x8 area) and put the clone/veg/dry area there...

Build another wall (creating a hall) to have the large section enclosed, and buy a crapton of equipement..

I'd personally make 2 or 4 rooms for flower and run a flip-box.. A flip-box runs the ballasts 24hrs a day and flips between 2 bulbs/hoods at the 12hr interval.. (something for down the road)

There is just too much there to lay out a complete plan... But that's my idea for it, I can picture it, but can't really put it on the page.. I'm great at designing spaces... some of the rooms i've done now, would amaze you.. lol.. (far smaller rooms, much more difficult to space proper)

Guest thequietone

Casper, I have a few thoughts on what you can do with this space. Give me a couple of days and I can have something drawn up for you. Would it be possible to continue the stud wall even with the staircase wall with the door at the bottom of the stairs instead of going around a corner. Instead of a 13' 10" wall you would have a 17' 3" wall. Email me at bethequietone@gmail.com and we can talk more about what you want.

Casper, I have a few thoughts on what you can do with this space. Give me a couple of days and I can have something drawn up for you. Would it be possible to continue the stud wall even with the staircase wall with the door at the bottom of the stairs instead of going around a corner. Instead of a 13' 10" wall you would have a 17' 3" wall. Email me at bethequietone@gmail.com and we can talk more about what you want.

My thinking behind my door location was that when you are coming down the stairs you really wouldn't see that door until you were all the way down. I even thought about installing the door back more and putting a removable panel there to hide the door all together?

Guest thequietone

I think in order to get the four rooms in you want the extra floor space will be needed. But I can work with the floor space you have on the floor plan.

Think of it this way. Each plant will take up, at least, 1 sq. ft. If you plan to have a max grow of 72 plants, you'll need 72 sq. ft. That's a 8'x9' area. You need to have proper venting on the windows, access to fresh water and have outlets where you plan to hang lights, pumps and fans. Also, You need to consider how many plants you will have flowering and vegging at the same time. What kind of lights do you plan to use? How automated do you want your system to be?

Here is what I recommend. Build a veg room by walling off the smaller area of your basement. Use 4' fluorescents for light with both intake/exhaust fans. I recommend adding a auto water system to ease the growing process along. This can house your moms and all your clones easily with room to move in.

Next build you flower room. Walling off the larger area left of the basement door would give you more than enough room and extra room to add more plants when needed. Also, make sure you have outlets on their own breaker in the flower room. Using 400w, 600w or 1000w can pull a LOT of juice and the last thing you want if power failure during grow cycles. Again make sure you have good venting.

Before you do all this, add the needed water access, breakers and outlets as this is the harder part of the build. The biggest problem I can see happening in the future is heat build up from lights, so make sure you have good venting and a proper Charcoal Filter on all your exhaust fans if you have a fear of smell and curious neighbors. Also dont be worried about hiding the room doors. If your state legal and have a good air filter system, you got your donkey covered.

With this layout you'll have plenty of room to grow, expand your grow and lots of walking room.

Hope this helps. hit me back if you got any more Q's. PEACE

Archived