Spider Mites

dlovas

OK, I have sadly been in a few grow rooms the past few weeks and was hoping to get some new strains but could not take the clones due to MITES. Once you have mites its a uphill battle to eradicate them. Honestly I don't care what people say about they don't have them anymore after using bug bombs or some other chemicals. YOU MUST ERADICATE ENTIRELY.

TO TRULY GET THEM ERADICATED U MUST STOP GROWING (WHICH NOBODY DOES) SCRUB THE ROOM WITH CLOROX WALLS FLOORS IF POSSIBLE AND THROW SPRAY ON CARPET. BOMBING FOR SEVERAL WEEKS IS THE ONLY WAY COUPLED WITH THINGS LIKE HOT SHOTS AFTER TO CATCH LATE HATCHERS. If you know someone that says they had em and got rid of them but did not shut down and to what I just said they still have bugs. NOW IF YOU HAVE DOGS OR CATS THAT GO IN AND OUT FOR EXTENDED PERIODS YOUR SCREWED..!! SADLY THEY CARRY THEM. OR IF YOU HAVE INDOOR/OUTDOORS PLANTS GUESS WHAT...U GOT EM.!! If you grow in a garage or shed..guess what....u guessed it..they crawl in from rodents or crawl in from cracks n doors/windows etc.!!!! mites suck and will reduce your yields from 20-60% depending on how bad the infestation is. Some will bash this and say your wrong...but sadly after seeing so many rooms the past month I just feel bad for the growers with MItes and exit the rooms as quickly as possibly to not get them on myself. i am not perfect but MITES are like some STD's they don't go away until properly dealt with..!! people who sell clones that are infected are greed mongers because your selling a disaster. ONLY BUY CLONES FROM VERY TRUSTWORTHY PEOPLE<<!!! BE VERY, VERY skeptical about buying clones from people tryiny to run a BUD CORPORATION. QUALITY always over quantity. The majority of the time people lie or don't know if the clones they bought have something because they bought from somebody else and are flipping them for profit..! The more clones u let in your garden the greater the odds increase just u will catch em like guys the more you sleep around the more your odds increase to catch a STD. BOTH SUCK. If you do take a clone in your garden put it in Quarantine for 2 weeks and spray it with something like FOXFARM Bug be gone then re-spray with water 10-15 mins later or dip in NEEM every 3-5 days to catch the eggs that may be waiting to hatch. Oh and they can even be in the soil so lightly spray the top soil layer but DO NOT SATURATE or it can get into the roots which can kill a clone or stunt it. The mites chillax on the undersides of the fan leaves primarily and leaves tiny dots on the leaves. typically tint yellow sometimes white dots...they spread over time and suck the energy from your Indoor plant.

back to the animals part..I have a Chihuahua he goes out to go #1 and #2 then right back inside no rubbing, laying, scruffing or anything on the grass or woods just right back inside. Some of you might think that is inhumane..well my boy gets all the play time inside.!! If you have a big dog or cat hit em with a flea bath and put on a does of Flea oil on their back so they cannot lick it off. For some Mites will just be a part of the grow sadly. Companion bugs will only minorly dent a infestation. Shutting down and CLEANSING is the only TRUE way.

If anyone has any questions send me a email, PM or hit me on my # below.

-D

Don't be so quick to blame the Dog or Cat as you most likely walk the same ground the Dogs and Cats do and it's just as easy for you to bring them in as the Dog or Cat. Mites are everywhere outside usally from late April till mid November so anyone can get them at anytime during those months they will be on your shoes ,pant legs or anything you set on the ground and bring back into the house.

If you have carpet in the room that would be problrm 1, And you really dont have to take down everything. If you get them you can get rid of them. Lots of people do all the time. It just didn't start.

Beg to differ if u want em eradiacted shut er down, Tom ur toolshed probably is loaded with crispy critterw is that why ur smoke goes snhap, crackle, ...POP..!! LOl...just joking I am sure ur BEASTERS R FINE BUDDY>>!

Don't be so quick to blame the Dog or Cat as you most likely walk the same ground the Dogs and Cats do and it's just as easy for you to bring them in as the Dog or Cat. Mites are everywhere outside usally from late April till mid November so anyone can get them at anytime during those months they will be on your shoes ,pant legs or anything you set on the ground and bring back into the house.

OK there is a 1% chance i had em stuck between my crusty fungus filled toes from my open air sandles..! hahaahha

OK there is a 1% chance i had em stuck between my crusty fungus filled toes from my open air sandles..! hahaahha

There is a hell of lot more than 1% chance of you bringing them in.(notice you blame everyone and everything except YOU) If you are unable to rid your mites during your grow then your method is most likely flawed cuz people get rid of them all the time. I have had very little problem getting rid of them when they pop up in my rooms, but I pay attention to my plants daily for mites. If you wait till they are webbing or totally infest your plants then yes you may have to stop production in that room but catch them early and you don't have that problems. Try paying more attention to whats going on with your plants.

There is a hell of lot more than 1% chance of you bringing them in.(notice you blame everyone and everything except YOU) If you are unable to rid your mites during your grow then your method is most likely flawed cuz people get rid of them all the time. I have had very little problem getting rid of them when they pop up in my rooms, but I pay attention to my plants daily for mites. If you wait till they are webbing or totally infest your plants then yes you make have to stop production in that room but catch them early and you don't have that problems. Try paying more attention to whats going on with your plants.

This is a fact. It amazes me how often people dont see their problems until it is full of mites, or even seeds. These problems don't happen over night. A little time observing your rooms can make a big difference. And we sure don't want to scare other growers.

Archived