Yellow Leaves

Tommy217xxx

Hey guys, Im having a problem with my clones. I have 2 Purple kush, 2 blueberry and 2 white widow under 2 48" t-8 florescent lights. I also have 2 random seeds that I found in some good quality bags.

I got the kush clones almost a weekago and they kinda stalled. The leaves on the kush clones started showing brown spots so I clipped them off and the plants are starting to show signs of new growth.

I got the ww and bb clones yesterday and almost all of the bottom leaves on all 4 clones are turning yellow and sagging. I planted all of my plants and clones in 50/50 mix of ffof and happy frog. Should I clip the bottom leaves off of the new clones as soon as they turn yellow or should I give them some time to adjust? The Tops of the plants look ok so far except for 1 plant which has a little brown spot on the top leaf. As soon as the leaves show brown spots I clip them off right away.

Thanks everyone

Hey guys, Im having a problem with my clones. I have 2 Purple kush, 2 blueberry and 2 white widow under 2 48" t-8 florescent lights. I also have 2 random seeds that I found in some good quality bags.

I got the kush clones almost a weekago and they kinda stalled. The leaves on the kush clones started showing brown spots so I clipped them off and the plants are starting to show signs of new growth.

I got the ww and bb clones yesterday and almost all of the bottom leaves on all 4 clones are turning yellow and sagging. I planted all of my plants and clones in 50/50 mix of ffof and happy frog. Should I clip the bottom leaves off of the new clones as soon as they turn yellow or should I give them some time to adjust? The Tops of the plants look ok so far except for 1 plant which has a little brown spot on the top leaf. As soon as the leaves show brown spots I clip them off right away.

Thanks everyone

Plants will do this for many reasons. The most common is that the leaves are not getting enough light; thus, the plant will shed them as they are an energy expenditure rather than an energy factory for the plant. The yellowing is caused by the plant taking nutrients from the leaf and sending them to other parts of the plant. This is your most likely cause. Also, if the leaf is predominantly green leave it alone, it is still photosynthesizing and is beneficial to the overall plant. The plant will naturally shed the yellow leaves once the leaf has been leeched of it's nutrient value; removal is not neccessary unless it is shadowing other leaves.

If the clones have roots, (i assume they do), then the yellow leaves and brown spots are probably caused from nutrient lock up or a lack of nutrients. What was the feeding regiment they had from the person you got them from? Did they fert at all? If they did use some fert or if you are adding fert, you may need to change the dosage. You may also need to flush the plants with 3x the amount of water that their roots have expended, if you find your giving them to much fert. Example: 1 gal pots get 3 gal water flush. PEACE

Archived