Caregivers And Self-Grow

This is the first time I've posted so I hope this comes through correctly. I am from Hillsdale County in lower Michigan. I am renewing my card and I have a question. Please give answers that are legal I want to stay within the law.

Can I have a caregiver and also grow my own stuff? Otherwords can a caregiver legally grow for me and at the same time I can grow for myself? Another question; Can I grow but still legally buy from my caregiver?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

You can have a caregiver but only one of you can grow your plants. If you grow for yourself you can still obtain from your caregiver.

Thank you for your answer. So if I obtain from my caregiver but am actually registered as my own caregiver then they legally can get in trouble for having MM for me because they would have had to grow it?

You cant grow and have plant rights and have a caregiver with plant rights also

You can have a caregiver and retain your plant rights...and grow for yourself

Just make sure to check the right boxes on the change form

Thanks for your reply. If the caregiver has no plant rights then they could legally get in trouble because of me for having MM for me? What I am having a problem with is growing enough for myself but I cant afford to have a full time caregiver because of the cost of the MM and growing a little myself helps offset the cost.

Thank you for your answer. So if I obtain from my caregiver but am actually registered as my own caregiver then they legally can get in trouble for having MM for me because they would have had to grow it?

Not really. The caregiver might have overages from another patient, or have another source to obtain your meds. If you designate them as your caregiver, but indicate YOU will remain in possession of our plants, they can legally possess and/or acquire for you, plus they are able to advise and help you with your grow.

Archived