Medical Marijuana For Severe Depression

Hello, I am a Michigan citizen suffering from severe depression and anxiety looking to get my medical marijuana license. I was recently arrested for possession while attempting to self medicate and now am going to face a large fine and probation. However, I believe this could be avoided if I get my medical marijuana license and explain the circumstances. Not only was I arrested but I was also put into a mental health facility a week later due to stress and me becoming habituated to my medication. I am in search of a better alternative for my depression rather than another anti-depressant and being bounced around on one after another. I have done some research into marijuana and its effects on depression and anxiety. It seems that marijuana in small doses can have a alleviating effect on depression and anxiety. I would like to be able to be in charge of my medication and be able to administer it when I need it. I would like to try something that I know helps due to prior experience. So I was wondering if there was a psychiatric doctor or physician who would be willing to prescribe for me. I am willing to be involved in any study if necessary and just would like to get access to something that really works.

Guest Medicinal Patient

Hello, I am a Michigan citizen suffering from severe depression and anxiety looking to get my medical marijuana license. I was recently arrested for possession while attempting to self medicate and now am going to face a large fine and probation. However, I believe this could be avoided if I get my medical marijuana license and explain the circumstances. Not only was I arrested but I was also put into a mental health facility a week later due to stress and me becoming habituated to my medication. I am in search of a better alternative for my depression rather than another anti-depressant and being bounced around on one after another. I have done some research into marijuana and its effects on depression and anxiety. It seems that marijuana in small doses can have a alleviating effect on depression and anxiety. I would like to be able to be in charge of my medication and be able to administer it when I need it. I would like to try something that I know helps due to prior experience. So I was wondering if there was a psychiatric doctor or physician who would be willing to prescribe for me. I am willing to be involved in any study if necessary and just would like to get access to something that really works.

Welcome to the boards VivecTheDead! I feel your pain. Currently depression and anxiety are not a qualifying condition. However, if any of the medications you are currently prescribed cause nausea then discuss that with your MD and then grab those chart notes from that visit and I am confident you will receive your recommendation. Nausea is a qualifying condition. Good luck seeing if your Doc will write the recommendation. Most won't and thats where the many med mj clinics come into play. These drs will work with you on the fee if you are low income. If you give a general location we can get you some contact info on a clinic in your area as well as a Compassion Club. You shouldn't have to suffer. Get your chart notes asap. Welcome aboard and keep us posted. Peace

Guest Medicinal Patient

BTW are you looking for a caregiver or plan to grow your own? Don't be discouraged by the clinic and state fees if your primary dr won't give you the rec. There is some caregivers who will help you cover some of those fees. Good Luck

Thanks for the reply. I am currently in the Metro Detroit area, St. Clair Shores to be more specific. I am willing to drive anywhere if that is needed. You said nausea would be a qualifying condition and I do currently suffer from nausea. I have never been formally diagnosed with chronic nausea and i'm not sure if any doctor would recommend the use of marijuana and my medications. I am not sure my primary physician is open to a suggestion like this. Is there another doctor in the area that would recommend and prescribe marijuana for me? If anyone has any information it will be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reply. I am currently in the Metro Detroit area, St. Clair Shores to be more specific. I am willing to drive anywhere if that is needed. You said nausea would be a qualifying condition and I do currently suffer from nausea. I have never been formally diagnosed with chronic nausea and i'm not sure if any doctor would recommend the use of marijuana and my medications. I am not sure my primary physician is open to a suggestion like this. Is there another doctor in the area that would recommend and prescribe marijuana for me? If anyone has any information it will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome252520Bird252520feeder252520.gif

Welcome " VivecTheDead to MMMA 2.0

No Doctor can prescribe Marijuana for You ....

A Doctor can ONLY say that they believe after reviewing your records

that they believe You will benitfit from using Medical Marijuana ...

Please try to get to as many Compassion Meetings as you can get to ...

Ask Questions there , Meet new Friends , get phone numbers ...

Get as many records as you can gather up , get proff of all

of the prescriptions you had over the past 6 months to a year .

Call Dr. Bob Townsend or Dr. Bob Kenewell , They are very good Doctors

that show true Compassion to their Patients...

But it will be up to YOU to Provide them w/ proff that you have one

of the conditions that Qualify You ...

Please , Do as much Reading as you can ... Get to Compassion Meetings

and Educate yourself ....

And I do Not recommend You ask you own personal doctor

Just know that it's very unlikely your court case will be influenced at all by getting your medical marijuana card AFTER the incident. I'm sure there are some here that will tell you it may help, might have some bearing, the judge might look into it, etc etc. But the reality is unless you have a serious debilitating condition like cancer or something your not going to get much from the medical marijuana argument.

I'm also not a lawyer so my advice is worth crap. I suggest you look into getting a good lawyer, there are some on these forums that have a good reputation...

Archived