Clones From Flowering Plant

cjorden

awhile back i took some cuttings from a flowering cheese donor. put 'em in the bubbler, waited for roots, then transplanted. when growth reached about 18-20 inches, one of the clones was put into flower.

it seems this clone started flowering faster than it's donor. same nutes, medium, and lights. any truth to this?

If the donor cheese wasn't at the age of maturity when it was introduced to flowering cycle, it would have to reach maturity in that cycle before flowering. Since the clone keeps the age of the donor, it was most likely mature before being introduced to the flowering cycle, thus getting a jump on the donor which may have had to mature first, then flower. Hope that makes sense. lol

makes complete sense. the donor was fully matured before flowered, vegged it for almost a month after it was sexed. i guess i just didn't notice all the pistles while it was in veg. these clones had flowers and trichs, and i swear they rooted faster than the normal veg clones. however, they didn't start new growth for AWHILE, but when it did, it took off! love the cheese :)

thanx for the input nemosity

If the donor cheese wasn't at the age of maturity when it was introduced to flowering cycle, it would have to reach maturity in that cycle before flowering. Since the clone keeps the age of the donor, it was most likely mature before being introduced to the flowering cycle, thus getting a jump on the donor which may have had to mature first, then flower. Hope that makes sense. lol

What Nemosity said and when I have done this I too noticed a short lag.

Archived