Marijuana Could Split The Tea Party

Most of the folks I have spoken to that are involved with the Tea Party Movement, are very much against any federal and state regulation and intrusions into personal liberties. In short many feel that less government equals better government. While there are still many that are brainwashed by all of the negative propaganda, lets face folks have been indoctrinated for decades, there are many more that are open minded; I suppose this could be said of all political parties (movements).

I think you hit the nail on the head the other day, we shouldn't just be pushing the medical part of this issue but also emphasizing the civil rights part of it as well.

Get your laws out of my body!

and even better get my body out of your laws.

Either way, I am in complete agreement. They need to stop criminalizing what is natural, and stop trying to preventing doctors and patients from using the best possible treatment available.

So you think that all tea party members are dead set against marijuana?

Think again. Some are and some are not.

http://www.theatlant...ea-party/60921/

Thanks for the interesting info!

I especially like the way my mind engages when I read in the 7th paragraph:

"...if California's Prop. 19 passes in 2010, or if a similar measure passes in California or elsewhere in 2012, the subsequent Obama/Holder decision over what to do about it will inevitably call into question whether the federal government should (constitutionally, it certainly can) supersede the decision of state voters."

"...if California's Prop. 19 passes in 2010, or if a similar measure passes in California or elsewhere in 2012, the subsequent Obama/Holder decision over what to do about it will inevitably call into question whether the federal government should (constitutionally, it certainly can) supersede the decision of state voters."

I think this is going to get hit from a bunch of sides, and the feds are going to be wondering what happened. With the various cases coming up the pipe surrounding how much power the fed actually has via the commerce clause. Along that same front, congress needs to grow some cajones and take back their position in our 3 legged government, as the executive has been siezing more and more power via fiat over the last few administrations.

I think this is going to get hit from a bunch of sides, and the feds are going to be wondering what happened. With the various cases coming up the pipe surrounding how much power the fed actually has via the commerce clause. Along that same front, congress needs to grow some cajones and take back their position in our 3 legged government, as the executive has been siezing more and more power via fiat over the last few administrations.

Right on! My attitude exactly.

I dont know why it should divide them...if they were true libertarians like Ron paul they would ALL be for the Legalization of all drugs

But they are not...THey are bunch of boneheaded freaks that to love complain

seemingly...never been to a rally

Dont think so

Not alot of weed...Ive been to something called The Boston Tea Party...people would throw joints into the crowd... share thier reefer...enjoy the day and rally about legalizing weed!

This tea party seems like a nightmare...

Does anyone really think the Federal government will send in the troops if California legalizes cannabis?

Because that is what they would have to do if Cal passes the 'legalization' and they don't want it that way.

If the Federal government does increase 'enforcement', let's hope they can economically afford it and that they don't 'bite off more than they can chew'.

I suppose the Feds could cut off the Federal money to California, but again, does anyone think they really want California to be FURTHER in the hole economically than it already IS?

God bless California for the intestinal fortitude they are showing. Cannabis ' RE- legalization' would be one of the best things that EVER happened in this country.

Does anyone really think the Federal government will send in the troops if California legalizes cannabis?

Because that is what they would have to do if Cal passes the 'legalization' and they don't want it that way.

If the Federal government does increase 'enforcement', let's hope they can economically afford it and that they don't 'bite off more than they can chew'.

I suppose the Feds could cut off the Federal money to California, but again, does anyone think they really want California to be FURTHER in the hole economically than it already IS?

God bless California for the intestinal fortitude they are showing. Cannabis ' RE- legalization' would be one of the best things that EVER happened in this country.

I gave up on trying to figure out what our federal government will or won't do; especially in a mid term election year. I do know that funding isn't an issue, as they are definitely not worried about where they get the money to spend on anything these days. Hell they could even use a different arm like the IRS to try and combat what the people want.

After looking at what promises have been kept, or more importantly the lack of those promises being kept, I can only conclude that they are flipping a coin every time they make a decision on anything in DC (congress and administration).

Archived