California Dr.'s Recommendation & Card Good In Michigan?

Tweeks

I am moving from California and have had my Dr.'s Recommendation and Card here for now three years and wondering if it is going to be good when I move to Michigan or am I going to need to re-apply with the State of Michigan in order to obtain my Medicine when I get home? I have heard that there is reciprocity between Michigan and California as far as Dr.'s Recommendation's and Cards and I would not have to put up with the months of "red tape" to get Medicine. Could be wrong, but hoping not.

Yepp.... You gotta get at the end of the line ...

No Short-cuts in Michigan ...

You gotta take your records ( Condition )

and find a Doctor that will sign your Application ...

Pay All the fees and wait your 4 months just like

the rest of Us ....

Welcome to the Jungle ...

Welcome to MMMA 2.0

I am moving from California and have had my Dr.'s Recommendation and Card here for now three years and wondering if it is going to be good when I move to Michigan or am I going to need to re-apply with the State of Michigan in order to obtain my Medicine when I get home? I have heard that there is reciprocity between Michigan and California as far as Dr.'s Recommendation's and Cards and I would not have to put up with the months of "red tape" to get Medicine. Could be wrong, but hoping not.

(j) A registry identification card, or its equivalent, that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States that allows the medical use of marihuana by a visiting qualifying patient, or to allow a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana, shall have the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the department.

Hope that clears it up for you. That was taked from the MDCH website!!!!

Peace,

WildMan

I did not catch this little piece of legislation. Very nice.

However....

it says "visiting" patient implying that the Cally card is not any good after you have achieved "residence" (which is usually 6 months after you change your Driver's License to Michigan) although "residence" has several definitions depending on the circumstance.

I would make sure you see a Michigan doctor ASAP after moving here, IMHO.

I did not catch this little piece of legislation. Very nice.

However....

it says "visiting" patient implying that the Cally card is not any good after you have achieved "residence" (which is usually 6 months after you change your Driver's License to Michigan) although "residence" has several definitions depending on the circumstance.

I would make sure you see a Michigan doctor ASAP after moving here, IMHO.

The definition they give for visiting patient includes up to 30 days after residency is established.

Archived