Be Aware Of This, Especially As A Caregiver

Jennifer8

That's sick and scary!!!

So, now I wonder if the regular criminal distributors are mad about some people able to legally grow it, legally distribute it, which is cutting into an illegal drug dealer's income and making them mad about it. I was wondering if that causes ill feelings within the criminal drug activity world towards those able to legally be involved with the growing and use of MM. I would hope not but its a reason why laws need to be taken seriously so that legally possessing MM people have full protections of the law from actual criminals that are out to victimize them. Maybe LEO looks at it like a hooker that got beat up or killed then LEO figures it came with the territory and doesn't really do much about it, but that is the stereotypical situation.

Also, maybe criminal minded people are hoping legal MM people won't even bother calling the police, filling out a police report, or asking for LEO help if someone stold their plants, and if one is a caregiver to more then one patient, that can add up. Even if for a caregiver with one patient, or patient growing for their own use, it's still a crime, but, what is the hope for LEO to help or protect against the victimization in this given situation? Who knows?

What's sick and scary is that you have so little faith in the justice system that you believe a cop (as much as we all dislike them) would turn a blind eye to a dead hooker. Last time I checked, hookers were still PEOPLE and killing PEOPLE still constituted MURDER. In fact, if a prostitute is murdered during the act of prostitution, that qualifies as CAPITAL MURDER. To say that LEO figures being murdered comes with the territory of being a prostitute and that they don't do much about it is really an asinine thing to say. You really think the police just say "screw it...its just another dead hooker...she wasn't a daughter or mother or sister...she was just a hooker so screw her"? There is a reason that there is a sex crimes unit in most police departments. Its not just for rape crimes. I fully expect your -reps because I (GASP!) disagree with you but give me a freaking break! You can't possible think that way and consider yourself intellegent, can you? This type of reasoning is beyond rediculous. Get a clue!

Faith in the justice system? Haven't been out to support many in this community when they appear in court have you? Give it a try I believe you will be quite impressed with the integrity of the lower courts here in Michigan. LEO's a whole nother thing.

Dead prostitiutes and justice? Ask the family of Tamara Greene, the prostitute/stripper murdered in Detroit on April 30, 2003, how they feel about that.

Faith in the justice system? Haven't been out to support many in this community when they appear in court have you? Give it a try I believe you will be quite impressed with the integrity of the lower courts here in Michigan. LEO's a whole nother thing.

Dead prostitiutes and justice? Ask the family of Tamara Greene, the prostitute/stripper murdered in Detroit on April 30, 2003, how they feel about that.

That is ONE example that was brought to light because of the involvement of Kwame Kilpatrick. You can't make generalizations based on one case that has been sensationalized and debated in the news for the last few months. I have family members who are law enforcement and they both have more respect for human life, regardless of the chosen "profession" of the victim, to turn a blind eye when somebody is murdered. It doesn't matter if a person is an (illegal) drug dealer, a hooker, or a pedophile...they are human and as such do not deserve to be allowed to rot in a gutter while their murderer runs free in the streets to kill again. Sure, there are crooked cops, just as there are crooked priests and pastors and politicians.

As far as showing up to protest at these court cases...I choose not to involve myself. My feelings on the matter are that I have seen enough people get busted despite of, and often because of, having their mmj card in hand and protesting at such hearings. I have three young kids at home. Why would I go out and advertise the fact that I have such a card and essentially put a target on my back? Call me selfish or uncompassionate if you will, but who is going to care for my kids while I'm sitting in jail? All the people sitting on the courthouse steps with posterboard? Me thinks not.

If you don't need or want the support when the time comes that's fine. We will be there for those that do with a little more gas to spare.

Good luck until things come around as I wish no harm to anyone in this community.

If you don't need or want the support when the time comes that's fine. We will be there for those that do with a little more gas to spare.

Good luck until things come around as I wish no harm to anyone in this community.

It has nothing to do with having gas to spare. It has to do with self-preservation. To me, personally, its not worth the risk to put myself out there. To others, it may be. To each their own. There is no right or wrong. Just because you won't support me if and when I may need it doesn't mean I won't have support. I have a very strong support system that can offer their support without shouting at people or waving signs. I'd rather handle things quietly if I ran into trouble. That's just my way. For others, their way may be different. Like I said, to each his own. Don't assume, though, that just because I wouldn't want people showing up being really loud in my defense that I wouldn't have just as strong a support system backing me up because that's just not true.

Don't believe I said anything of the sort. You may want to consult your family physician regarding the paranoia you are experiencing. Put out the call and you would be surprised at the support, feel lucky you have so many to depend on, not everybody does. I support those they come for to inspire others to do so should they come for me. I just adhere to the "the best defense is a good offense" school of thinking. I have yet to see an unruly group at any hearing I attended.

In my work as a photographer I have photographed many, many, many MJ gardens, both legal and not, and in most cases I am asked to turn off my cell phone and in some cases the phone was collected and given back later. When I had a phone with a removable battery, they would also take out the battery. Now a days everything is time, date and location recorded, if you dont need to know the correct date, it's a good idea to change it to a much earlier date, like a year or two also make sure to change the days or you can just put in all 0/0/00.

Archived