Has Anyone Used The Ebb And Gro System

billmelater

Hello, Just wondering if some one can help me, I just bought the ebb and gro and was wondering if anybody has any personal experience with it. What should I look for, any tips, etc. Can I cover 12 plants with this and a 4 ft 1000 watt light and some side lights? Thanks.

Hello, Just wondering if some one can help me, I just bought the ebb and gro and was wondering if anybody has any personal experience with it. What should I look for, any tips, etc. Can I cover 12 plants with this and a 4 ft 1000 watt light and some side lights? Thanks.

There are different sizes so I guess it depends on the size of yours. I love them and have used them for cloning and veg growth for years!!!! You meant Ebb and Flow though right?

Sorry, it is a 12 pot grow 2 gal, and yes it ebbs and flows through, it says 3 - 4 times a day.

Depending on the medium you are using and how fast the girls are growing 4 floods a day is around average, as they start to take off in flower you may need to move it up to as much as 6 times a day.

One other tip, not sure if one was included in your kit, but adding an air pump and airstone to your rez will help alot. It will keep you nute mixture super oxygenated and moving.

the medium is grow rocks and higromite unless there are better alternatives. When you are talking about the resevoir, do you mean the large res, it is a 55 gallon barrel. Sorry, I am completely new to this, it has a small res that it pumps out of with float switches, etc.

thats the same as the Big Daddy Kit, w/the timers on the control bucket. if you add an air stone in each growing pot the system does alot better. I flood every 4/6 hours. flood for 15 min., let them "marinate" for 30 min., pump out 15 min., air on for the entire hour. another thing, you want the holes in the inner bucket to be as big as possible. the roots end up clogging the holes and w/air they'll "burp" H2O on the floor after they get big. I top off the res every day, when I've added 55 gal of fresh I change nutes. works out to no change in veg, just gradually make stronger till full strenght. 3-4 changes in bloom and flush. only other problem I see is its hard to grow different strains with different flowering times and different nutrient usages in a mono system. I now keep mothers and run one strain at a time. hope this helps

Depending on the medium you are using and how fast the girls are growing 4 floods a day is around average, as they start to take off in flower you may need to move it up to as much as 6 times a day.

One other tip, not sure if one was included in your kit, but adding an air pump and airstone to your rez will help alot. It will keep you nute mixture super oxygenated and moving.

For sure use the airstone :goodjob:

Thanks for the great tips. Once it is running, am I able to let it alone for 2 days and be out of town, I can hook up some sort of video to make sure it is getting flooded? Of course I would not be able to run ait stones when I am not there, unless someone has a better idea for me.

Thanks for the great tips. Once it is running, am I able to let it alone for 2 days and be out of town, I can hook up some sort of video to make sure it is getting flooded? Of course I would not be able to run ait stones when I am not there, unless someone has a better idea for me.

Why couldn't you run air while you are not there? An air pump connected to an airstone in your 55 gallon rez should run 24/7. While not absolutely necessary, the small cost of doing so will make a huge difference in your grow.

With that size rez you should be just fine taking off for a couple days out of town. If it is going to be a regular thing (going out of town) you could invest in a nice set of continuous monitoring meters. Something like THIS

I wish you a bountiful harvest.

For sure I will run the airstone in the res. while i am gone, I just meant running one in individul pots would not work, they would burn out, if I don't shut them off when there is no water. I really am appreciating these wise tips and can use more. When I get them to flower with my 1000 watt, then I should switch over to a different light buld at flowering?

All you need is an airstone in the 55 gal res to do the job. Mh during veg then switch to hps for flowering. I know the Ebb & Gro is a little scary at first but once you're all set up and growing it's a breeze and you'll be glad you got it.

Archived