Wild Ph Fluctuations With Ro/distilled Water

Indicat

im pulling 250 ppms out of my well tap, so i thought id give distilled water a shot. the first thing i noticed is that the ph has pretty wild fluctuations on a daily basis using this distilled water?

is there some kind of buffer i need to add to the distilled water so it won't do this? any help is appreciated.

im pulling 250 ppms out of my well tap, so i thought id give distilled water a shot. the first thing i noticed is that the ph has pretty wild fluctuations on a daily basis using this distilled water?

is there some kind of buffer i need to add to the distilled water so it won't do this? any help is appreciated.

Use RO water. Mix 1 part RO water with 1 part tap water. That will help keep the PH stable as long as no other external influences are present, such as unrinsed hydroton.

• 2 weeks later...

many times fluctuations are due to the brand of nutes and/or pH up/down you use, and/or the temperatures in the room... if lights-on temps are WAY higher than when the lights are off, it can cause a big pH swing...

use Buffered nutrients and high-quality pH adjusters (like Europonics, General Hydroponics etc...)

Remember-- RO is a blank slate--- all that is there is what You add... so what you add will effect the pH-- not the water itself!

Good Luck!!

Archived