Cloning Question

oxyman

Yes you can clone a plant that is in full flower. I've done it many times. You don't want to use a humidome that far into flower or it will rot. The trichomes usually provide enough surface coverage to keep the moisture inside the cutting for a while, just keep the stem moist.

Revegging is probably the best option but if you are inexperienced at both and want a safety net take a cutting or 2 b4 you attempt to reveg. It's very easy to drown a plant during reveg if you don't leave enough leaves to allow for ample transpiration. Click the link in my signature for more reveg info.

You don't need 24 hour lighting to reveg if you use HID lamps. I have great success with an 18/6 photo period. I often get vegetative growth after only 2 weeks. May help if you are into saving energy.

Yes you can clone a plant that is in full flower. I've done it many times. You don't want to use a humidome that far into flower or it will rot. The trichomes usually provide enough surface coverage to keep the moisture inside the cutting for a while, just keep the stem moist.

Revegging is probably the best option but if you are inexperienced at both and want a safety net take a cutting or 2 b4 you attempt to reveg. It's very easy to drown a plant during reveg if you don't leave enough leaves to allow for ample transpiration. Click the link in my signature for more reveg info.

You don't need 24 hour lighting to reveg if you use HID lamps. I have great success with an 18/6 photo period. I often get vegetative growth after only 2 weeks. May help if you are into saving energy.

Thank you for posting this I just got done saying how I wish I would've kept one of my plants that I just put into bud to be a Mom.... I put them in a week and a half ago.... PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Can you clone a plant that is aready flowering and almost ready to be harvested???

it is better to take a clone right before u toss the sexed plant into flower. You can however do it half way thru flowering but the success rates go down the farther along into flower that you go because the plant hormones must be reversed and it takes longer to reverse and then to pop roots. It just takes an experienced person to work very far into the flower cycle.

I have done it but it takes sooo much longer I would try to re-Vegg the plant then take cuttings. Just leave roughly 50% of the plant lef to be safe with new soil and plenty of Nitrogen.

Archived