False Arrest Duii For Mmj

mike123

I would like to make a LONG story short..

I have had my card for 6 months now. I never drive intoxicated. Saturday night I was pulled over for no apparent reason. I was pulled out of my car and given a sobriety test, a test designed for alcohol. The test took an ungodly half hour of time. Then I was placed under (false) arrest for suspicion of DUII-drugs. I sat in jail all night and eventually had a D.R.E. agent come in to give me a bunch of tests once again, tests designed for alcohol use. He ended up saying that because my eye lids flicker when I close my eyes that I was in fact driving under the influence of marijuana. I had smoked a VERY small amount of my medicine 12 hours prior to being pulled over. There is no way I was still feeling any effects of my medicinal marijuana. My eye lids flicker whenever I close my eyes, as do the rest of my familly's.

So here I sit waiting court with a DUII for using my cannabis legally. The state of Oregon issues these cards and does not make it clear that you cannot drive legally if you use cannabis. The police told me anytime in 24 hours of using cannabis they can give you a DUI. That is a JOKE. What test proves the time frame of when you last used your medicine??? There isn't one.

I realize this is a Michigan site, but this could happen to you just as easily as it can here in Oregon.

Thanks for sharing your story, sad as it is.

Do the police in Oregon have access to the medical marijuana registry? Could they follow you, find out who you are, then query their computers to see if you have a MM card, then pull you over for their amusement? That's a worry that many people have in Michigan, despite assurances that broad searches of the Medical Marijuana registry can't be done like that.

Ya Im just getting it out there.. if anyone in Oregon reads this then they can attend. Maybe I'll edit that. lol.

The police do not have access to a list of MMJ patients. The only way they find out is if you tell them or they can get YES or NO answers from the DHS Oregon Medical Marijuana program.

Archived