Intro & Site Questions

anon333

Hey all,

I have been roaming around the site for awhile now but decided it's about time to contribute. Great site with great people. Anyways, I have a few questions for the site admins...

- Have you guys thought about hosting the site off-shore someplace instead of local?

- Any thoughts behind getting SSL enabled? Perhaps just for the login section at first.

I know all this takes $. And I, as well as the rest of the community I'm sure, greatly appreciate all the efforts already put forth to put this site in place. It's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Hello. Sorry about not replying to this, but I don't often look at the "welcome" section unless there's a report on something here.

- Have you guys thought about hosting the site off-shore someplace instead of local?

Never even entered our minds. First off, we have a real problem with sending more work "over seas". We'll keep the money here in Michigan.

If you're worried about an law enforcement agency getting our database, there's no real info to get. Yeah our IP's. It's highly doubtful any case could be made from accessing this site. You're free to not use us though..

- Any thoughts behind getting SSL enabled? Perhaps just for the login section at first.

Mid to lat october or so we'll be tying in a store front to this site for things like mugs or shirts. We'll do it then. For now there's no reason to use SSL. We gather no info that would need encryption like CC numbers or paypal. There will be a time when your purchasing account is tired to your member account. But till then.....

Best.

Archived