Smoking...

Years ago, when I was a teenager, I would smoke pot w/ all my friends while we were partying or what not. Then the day came where I took a step back to really reflect on my life: Where I wanted it to go, what I wanted to do ( educational wise), all that fun stuff. Well I stopped smoking pot, went back to school, obtained my G.E.D., went to college & became a licensed Cosmetologist. In the mist of this path, I had been in 3 car accidents to where I sprained my neck, threw out my back & my hip was messed up. Then I got pregnant (which was never suppose to happen because I was diagniosed w/ Cervical Cancer in the 3rd stage about 10 years ago). My pregnancy consisted of a lot of bedrest because the drs where so affraid I wouldn't carry my son full term. Thankfully, God blessed me w/ a beautiful & healthy baby boy. Ever since I got pregnant my back , especially on my right side, causes me so much pain & discomfort. This pain keeps me up @ night. I can't sleep on my right side anymore. I can't drive or sit for a long period of time & plus I do hair so standing for a long time kills me. I absolutely LOVE doing hair ~ I never feel like I'm working because it's what I love to do ~ except all the discomfort. I have had many x-rays done - they show I have the start of scoliosis, my lumbar area in my back is straight when it should be curved. MRI's show I have nerve damage from the spinal I had when I had my son. I don't want to be put on all these different pain meds....so the question I ask myself is do I try & get a script for MM? I know my story is long, but if there is anyone out there that could help me ~ I don't even know where to begin if I was going to go through w/ this? Can someone pls help me. Thank u for ur time ~QueenB080681~

Guest Medicinal Patient

Welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear you are living with such pain. I definitely recommend you signing up with the Michigan Medical Marijuana Program! There is tons of strains out there and with confidence I can say there is a strain out there with your name on it that will bring you relief like no other. The process of finding the right strain can be discouraging but don't ever give up. This program was designed for people like you and me. If we can get your general location we can help you find a Dr in your area that will sign your recommendation. All you need is some documentation of your ailments, money, and a state issued id and you are good to go on a new wonderful journey and a whole new life. Welcome!

Years ago, when I was a teenager, I would smoke pot w/ all my friends while we were partying or what not. Then the day came where I took a step back to really reflect on my life: Where I wanted it to go, what I wanted to do ( educational wise), all that fun stuff. Well I stopped smoking pot, went back to school, obtained my G.E.D., went to college & became a licensed Cosmetologist. In the mist of this path, I had been in 3 car accidents to where I sprained my neck, threw out my back & my hip was messed up. Then I got pregnant (which was never suppose to happen because I was diagniosed w/ Cervical Cancer in the 3rd stage about 10 years ago). My pregnancy consisted of a lot of bedrest because the drs where so affraid I wouldn't carry my son full term. Thankfully, God blessed me w/ a beautiful & healthy baby boy. Ever since I got pregnant my back , especially on my right side, causes me so much pain & discomfort. This pain keeps me up @ night. I can't sleep on my right side anymore. I can't drive or sit for a long period of time & plus I do hair so standing for a long time kills me. I absolutely LOVE doing hair ~ I never feel like I'm working because it's what I love to do ~ except all the discomfort. I have had many x-rays done - they show I have the start of scoliosis, my lumbar area in my back is straight when it should be curved. MRI's show I have nerve damage from the spinal I had when I had my son. I don't want to be put on all these different pain meds....so the question I ask myself is do I try & get a script for MM? I know my story is long, but if there is anyone out there that could help me ~ I don't even know where to begin if I was going to go through w/ this? Can someone pls help me. Thank u for ur time ~QueenB080681~

Given your medical history, I'd be willing to bet that any responsible physician will write you a recommendation for medical marijuana; that recommendation is what the Michigan Department of Community Health needs to issue you a medical marijuana card. If your primary care physician is unwilling to write you a recommendation, I strongly urge you to reconsider the quality of medical care you are receiving. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located in Michigan? If you are near Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor Health Collective has a doctor on staff who will determine if you would benefit from medical marijuana. If you aren't near the Ann Arbor area, I'm sure someone can direct you to the proper resources in your area. Welcome to MMMA!!! :)

There are many great doctors in michigan now that would likely certify you. Perhaps you should try some medical grade marijuana before investing in it to see if it is something that will bring the relief you need. best of luck to you!

reps for your sig link

Archived