Looking For Clinic In Traverse City

trapp

I LIVE IN LAKE CITY, HOUGHTON LAKE WILL HAVE CLINIC NEXT MONTH IF ENOUGH PEOPLE REGISTER ,MABY !!! SO IM TRYING TO LOCATE CLINIC IN TRAVERSE CITY. HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. THANKSpost-17562-093961300 1285639419_thumb.jpg

Look up TC Compasionate Connection. They are in TC. They have public informational meetings weekly (Wednesday Nights 7 until 8:30) and "Card Holders Only" meetings twice a week. They get Doctors in a couple of times per month.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Call Triple M Clinic, Dr. Harwell who is in Cadillac one day a week, I think Tuesdays. 231-775-3194

Smokescreen

Smokescreen 2

REGARDING DR EDWARD HARWELL’s “SMOKESCREEN”

From the desk of Karen O'keefe MPP

Doctors with medical marijuana practices who don't do exams or review medical records (and are subject to exposes) have been a significant cause of backlash against medical marijuana both in states with existing laws and those considering them. The Arizona initiative only passed by about 4,000 votes and right before the vote I saw TV clips about docs on Venice Beach with signs that they'd give medical certifications and that didn't adequately evaluate patients. This is a huge talking point of the opposition and it's effective. There is not majority support for legalization and if doctors give recommendations to anyone who complains of pain and merely takes them at their word, voters will feel conned and support may quickly evaporate.

The issue of doctors giving recommendations in hotel rooms (or in other non-medical settings) has also caused significant backlash and a doctor in Montana was fined for failing to abide by the state's standard of care. Michigan's law requires recommendations to be made in the context of a bona fide doctor patient relationship, and patients were denied use of the affirmative defense when a court found that was not met.

There are several bill requests pending to narrow down — and even repeal — Montana's law and an initiative was circulated for repeal (it was drafted late and only had a couple weeks for signature gathering, otherwise it might have qualified). This is in large part due to the perception that people who are not truly ill are getting recommendations without being qualified.

In every state I've worked on medical marijuana bills, there's a concern about these kinds of doctors' practices. As a result: 1) it's harder to pass the laws; and 2) language is inserted restricting the doctor-patient relationship that is quite strict and that could leave behind patients whose own doctors can't or won't recommend (such as veterans who go to the VA).

This year a bill was introduced and passed in Colorado to restrict the bona fide patient-physican relationship and similar language will likely be considered in Montana. If people feel the law is being abused (and not used as intended) there will be backlash, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar proposal in Michigan.

I am not saying this to comment on this particular doctor. I didn't watch the clip, it is a general word of warning based on backlash I'm seeing elsewhere.

---------------------------------------

Karen O'Keefe makes a very important point patients should consdier when obtaining certifications .

"Michigan's law requires recommendations to be made in the context of a bona fide doctor patient relationship, and patients were denied use of the affirmative defense when a court found that was not met. "

Archived