What Our Lawmakers Are Accomplishing..

Hi everyone

I know I dont have a lot of posts but I do often visit this site because it does provide some quality information. I just wanted to paste a article I found online and possibly hear some feedback.

My link

I don't really know what words to use to define my feelings towards this. Frustrated? Angry? Perplexed? There is nothing wrong with having a drink, just like there is nothing wrong with using medical marijuana for a qualifying condition. But what positive affects does alcohol have on the physical or mental condition of a human being? Do we really need to have it available 5 hours earlier on a Sunday?

I also read somewhere that the MMP is just a group of lobbyists who are really pushing for the legalization of marijuana. But when I read this article, a whole association of bar/liquor store owners have been pushing for this new rule. Is that not lobbyism?

In 1997, Michigan had the highest GDP (Gross Domestic Product) in the nation. Now, we account for half of the unemployment for the nation. So what are our lawmakers/leaders motives here? Their energy seems to be spent so poorly, wasting resources to arrest victims of such a young MMJ Law. I have read a bunch of other recent posts and I think we as a whole; caregivers, patients, law enforcers and makers need to stop interpreting our own versions of the law and just follow it as best we can until it evolves. The reality is that Michigan is in the dumps economically and when people get arrested the state makes money, when they pass new laws/rules the state can charge people money for selling liquor earlier or having a legal MMJ facility, so we have to not be ignorant of the fact that they have the upper hand when it comes to immediate resources. So until the scale is tipped more evenly (which it will eventually), lets do our best to not give anyone a reason to harass legal caregivers and patients. The needs of the many will ALWAYS weigh out the needs of the few..

Archived