Michigan Legislature Hard At Work For Us

EdwardGlen

Thanks Lansing! I'll be able to sleep better now that I know you are all hard at work bringing our state back from the economic dead with this fifty-eight page bill, how are they going to do this you ask?!

Simple....ALLOW LIQOUR SALES AT 7 AM ON SUNDAYS!! WOO HOO

I can't wait for those early early Sunday morning drives we like to take. Bad enough you got to dodge the occasional lane weaver but now...whew! Gonna be like a Saturday night race in the Bristol bull ring.

http://blog.mlive.com/cgi-bin/mte/mt-comments.cgi

LANSING -- It might soon be legal to sell liquor in Michigan on Sunday mornings.

The Michigan Legislature on Wednesday approved a wide-ranging bill that would allow for alcohol sales starting at 7 a.m. on Sunday. Dealers would have to buy special $160 licenses to get permission to sell on Sunday morning.

Current law bans Sunday morning alcohol sales.

Versions of the idea to allow Sunday morning sales had been floated without success by Gov. Jennifer Granholm in the past. Spokeswoman Liz Boyd says the governor will review the bill once it gets to her desk.

It's a 58-page bill that would make several changes to liquor law.

The liquor proposal was one of the last passed Wednesday as part of a budget deal for the upcoming fiscal year.

E-mail the author of this story: localnews@grpress.com

Money TALKS! Alcohol lobbyists are hard at work all the time.

Their words might be SLURRED but the 'politicians' can easily understand the gist of it.

And you never hear LEOs wanting liqueur stores closed down because of the crimes committed near them... and you WON'T hear them complaining it either.

Money TALKS! Alcohol lobbyists are hard at work all the time.

Their words might be SLURRED but the 'politicians' can easily understand the gist of it.

And you never hear LEOs wanting liqueur stores closed down because of the crimes committed near them... and you WON'T hear them complaining either.

why dont they see a chance to make money of medical i would rather them get a cut by taxing than arrests

This is good news, now folks won't be forced to save some for the morning, they can drink all they wish Saturday night, then go for a Cognac and Doughnuts Sunday morning drive.... ah good times and family bonding.

Come on you mean you haven't gotten up first thing Sunday morning and wanted a drink? You heartless people. ;)

Guest Mr_smith

I'm more concerned with what the other changes are. Maybe they are changing parts of the drinking law now in order to cause problems for the MM law later.

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get ya.

Lol, in this case you might be just a tad paranoid :)

If it took 58 pages to change the law somebody threw some other garbage in there that would not have a chance standing on its own merits to get approved. Watch out....somebody is going to get the shaft on this one other than the sellers who have to pay extra for the permit.

Looking at the issue realistically the few sellers who will benefit are those near marinas that will have the opportunity to sell to people who want to get their boats on the water at 11 am but have to wait until noon to get to the party store enroute.

Archived