Probation Station...probationer Ask Po About Medicating

I am going to meet with my po. I havent been medicating. I just became a patient and havent met with him sense. I was just gonna say "I got a recommendation for medical marijuana and registered with the state, I just wanted to make sure i wouldnt get a violation for testing positive for thc" Do you think that is a good way to go about it or should i say something different???

I am going to meet with my po. I havent been medicating. I just became a patient and havent met with him sense. I was just gonna say "I got a recommendation for medical marijuana and registered with the state, I just wanted to make sure i wouldnt get a violation for testing positive for thc" Do you think that is a good way to go about it or should i say something different???

There are a couple ways you can look at this.

First you could be open with your PO, and tell them that you have been certified and registered, and wanted to check with them before actually medicating... the worst that could come of that is they say no, and you aren't able to medicate.

Second, you could keep quiet about your new status, and medicate then when tested explain hoping that they will not try to violate you. If violated, you could then try the AD, relying on the fact that you are not in violation of state law, and therefore not in violation of probation...

The first option would seem to be the way to go if you want to avoid the hassles that would most likely come from the second option. The choice is yours, and obviously you understand the risks associated with either option. Your own pain threshold (literally and figuratively) should probably be your guide. Can you go without your meds, or can you go through the legal fiery rings that would be in place?

I wish you all the best in your decision. Consulting an attorney familiar with and friendly to the MMMAct would be a wise choice before making up your mind.

I told my po today that I got a doctors recommendation and registered with the state and that I wanted to make sure I wouldnt get a violation for testing positive for thc. He said that I couldnt use because u have to have ur card before sentencing or something like that to be able to use on probation. He also made some comment about how anyone who is 21 can drink but that doesnt mean that they can drink on probation which I replied to with the fact that its medical use... He also said something along the lines of "I think youll see some changes in that law" which irritated me, because he obviously is against the act and most likely hasnt read the law or he would know that there isnt much that needs to be changed if anything.

Long story short I asked him if he could set it up so that I go in front of the Judge and try to get my probation terms changed so I can use medical marijuana. He told me that most likley what would happen is that they would just let me off probation but I would loose my HYTA (Holmes Youthful Trainee Act) which keeps charges off my record after completing probation. But when i got in trouble i got some bs Obstruction of Justice charge and I dont want it on my record. I am wondering what the best way to state my case in front of the judge would be. I know there are two other people on this site that had to go in front of a judge to fight a violation for medical marijuana and won but i am just filing a motion.

Any help greatly appreciated..

I told my po today that I got a doctors recommendation and registered with the state and that I wanted to make sure I wouldnt get a violation for testing positive for thc. He said that I couldnt use because u have to have ur card before sentencing or something like that to be able to use on probation. He also made some comment about how anyone who is 21 can drink but that doesnt mean that they can drink on probation which I replied to with the fact that its medical use... He also said something along the lines of "I think youll see some changes in that law" which irritated me, because he obviously is against the act and most likely hasnt read the law or he would know that there isnt much that needs to be changed if anything.

Long story short I asked him if he could set it up so that I go in front of the Judge and try to get my probation terms changed so I can use medical marijuana. He told me that most likley what would happen is that they would just let me off probation but I would loose my HYTA (Holmes Youthful Trainee Act) which keeps charges off my record after completing probation. But when i got in trouble i got some bs Obstruction of Justice charge and I dont want it on my record. I am wondering what the best way to state my case in front of the judge would be. I know there are two other people on this site that had to go in front of a judge to fight a violation for medical marijuana and won but i am just filing a motion.

Any help greatly appreciated..

What are you on it for, if it is drug or alcohol related prolly just gonna need to go with out smoking man, you said you just got on it so keep takign what you were before till you have an answer.

Archived