Dieing For Dollars. The Effects Of Illigal Pot.

The Rand Research Center thinks that 'legalizing' cannabis in California will help end the terrible violence in Mexico.

They didn't even mention the gangster on gangster and cops on citizen violence right here in the good old U.S. of A.

We can only hope that sanity will some how come round.

http://norml.org/ind...m?Group_ID=8371

Thanks for posting this. I'm righting a paper and needed some other stories to reference. so you just saved me a little leg work. Thanks!!

Stewed, Glad to have been of help.

I know how that research stuff goes.

I'm just a research junky. So If it's not too personal, may I ask what you are writing on?

Unfortunately, I think it will just move the violence to other areas, and possibly further inland (US). Instead of having to worry about the small border along California and Mexico, they will have the entire state of California as a jumping off spot for transporting across the country.

Los Federales will probably be pissed, as they made quite a pretty penny from the border trade, many of which worked with the coyotes that load up the mules to carry bricks...

Anyways, it is an interesting theory. I just wonder if the increased demand won't push for more infighting amongst the cartels for control of the supply lines.

Unfortunately, I think it will just move the violence to other areas, and possibly further inland (US). Instead of having to worry about the small border along California and Mexico, they will have the entire state of California as a jumping off spot for transporting across the country.

Los Federales will probably be pissed, as they made quite a pretty penny from the border trade, many of which worked with the coyotes that load up the mules to carry bricks...

Anyways, it is an interesting theory. I just wonder if the increased demand won't push for more infighting amongst the cartels for control of the supply lines.

I guess it'll just have to be 'legalized' everywhere to stop the problem of all this nasty 'smuggling' and 'violence'.

Once it's 'taxed' and the government can make a buck on 'knowing' where it is and where it's going you can bet your a** the 'smuggling' will somehow come under control.

Right now the 'government enforcement' agencies are making a buck off of it by helping to keep it illegal.

Money has to start to be made off of it being 'legal'... then this drug war crap will stop.

Archived