The City Side

Everyone is so worked up about Bouchard and his minions..

Bouchard claims it is irrelevant who the officers "claimed to be". He does not deny doing so at all.

What goes around definately comes back around, karma is a *****, etc. etc.

Obama may not have fixed healthcare, or the budget, or the national debt but there is one thing he did when he told federal agents NOT to go after medical patients.. That one thing was to stand up for the citizens. He took the high road on this one in my book (no pun intended).. He could've just left things how they were, but he did ONE small thing that made a huge difference and whether he knew it or not, he was protecting a civil liberty of ours instead of trying to show power or strength to their "kids".

I just touched a bit on state and federal issues, now on to stuff more local:

Noone is focusing on things LOCAL to them though! All these cities are "banning" medical marijuana even after over 60% of THEIR residents voted this into law.

City government is supposed to be the voice of the people! The people spoke on election day, but the government isn't listening one bit.

Too many government officials have politics shoved up their buts to realize this is about more then just medical marijuana. Making medical marijuana "illegal" in your hometown after over 60% of your residents pass this? And the citizens of these cities aren't speaking up about this? It is my proud privilege as a individual American to exercise my right to chose my medicine. No vote necessary for them to undermine what we passed into law? our voice?

And sorry, but the final question is,

How can something we pass on a STATE level be overturned by a city government? How can a city put claims that they will arrest anyone with marijuana - patient or not because it is probable cause that they are committing a federal crime even though they know the federal government isn't interested in prosecuting?

How can something we pass on a STATE level be overturned by a city government? How can a city put claims that they will arrest anyone with marijuana - patient or not because it is probable cause that they are committing a federal crime even though they know the federal government isn't interested in prosecuting?

It can't. They can't.

Just like no prosecutor or court in the state (save federal ones) can charge, try, convict or sentence for federal crimes. The MMMAct clearly leaves open the option for the feds to enforce federal law, if they choose to; which means no conflict, and no preemption. It may take a few lawsuits, or court cases to get this through the thick skulls of some of the prohibitionists, but it will happen.

BTW, my county barely passed the ballot initiative we only got 52% of the vote here...

Archived