Tea Party Not Supporting Schutte

wolfgang

Here are some emails I have gotten thought you all might be interested.

Dawn,

You heard wrong..

There are over 80 groups in MI that are Tea party, 9/12, or similar. Most of these Tea Parties DO NOT endorse candidates of any kind. But several groups have decided to endorse. I was at a recent meeting of the Michigan Tea Party Alliance. Less than 20 of the Tea Party groups were in attendance, and there was discussion about this point. Many of the Tea Party groups don't want others to endorse candidates for this very reason. You think that the Muskegon Tea Party endorsed Bill Shuette? WE DID NOT. Most of the Tea Parties DID NOT endorse anyone. So call the ones who did endorse..

These endorsements may be personal endorsements, or group ones. I don't know. Bill S said "Tea Party Leaders Endorse Schuettee" on his flyer. The three people are listed on one of Bill Schuette's primary campaign literature:

1. Joan Fabiano (Grassroots in Michigan)

2. William Taylor Hollister (Metro Detroit Freedom Coalition)

3. Sharon Lollio (Rattle with us Tea Party)

Are there others? I don't know of any. If you have an issues, you should talk to these people and their Tea Parties. We are all independent. DO NOT LUMP US TOGETHER on this issue. We believe that everyone can decide for themselves, and should vote according to their conscience. We have many Libertarians, we also have many conservative Christians. Some are both.

Most of us believe that government HAS intruded to far. Taxes are too high, along with the size of government (at almost every level), property rights are being eroded, and the government has exceeded their constitutional limits.Be that as it may, we are not all Libertarians, so our views on individual rights vary widely. Keeping Government out of our business is important in terms of taxes, and many other issues. Legalizing drugs, for what ever purpose, is not an issue we discuss. There are bigger issues right now, like the national debt and Constitutional limits to government. But many of us understand the issue and have personal stands on it.

At our caucus event the vote to support was split by a 4 to 3 margin in favor of Mike Bishop. So Bill was not a majority favorite. Bill won the nomination by a small margin despite his advantage in organization and money. Many Tea Party Members have joined Independence Caucus to do political action in their communities.. Otherwise we are on own own, as it should be.. Unofficially, many of us (not all) did support Ruth Johnson in a big way, (she is Sec. of State candidate for the Repub.), and unofficially many of us supported Bob Young for the Supreme Court.. But we did not endorse anyone..

Most Tea Parties don't endorse candidates - we wish others didn't. So go to the ones above and discuss their positions. Three groups out of 80 + is not an endorsement by the "Michigan Tea Party". There is no one group speaking for all. We are independent.

This is what Judge Young said about the smoking ban at our recent Tea Party meeting. If the people vote for it, it is legal until the people vote it down. People have to decide and get the legislature to pass it. If it is challenged, the courts look at it. If there is a "rule of law" court, they will rule based on law. If it is defeated, then the people can chose to pass something else. The court should not make law. This is the process. The Tea Party believes in the constitutional process.

I personally don't smoke, but believe a restaurant owner should have the right to decide if people can smoke in their business. If I don't eat there - because of the smoke - That is my right to choose. Personally, I don't do drugs, I don't need pain-killers except advil, etc. I don't know your husbands situation, so I won't comment. The drug debate is a whole different ball-game. We don't deal with that issue. But I know that the government does nothing very well. It is legal for now. I hope the situation is not taken advantage-of, but I know human nature. It's going to be a mess. But I do hope your husband can find some relief, if nothing else is working.

So to reiterate..

There are over 80 groups in MI that are Tea party, 9/12, or similar. Most of these Tea Parties DO NOT endorse candidates of any kind. But several groups have decided to endorse. I was at a recent meeting of the Michigan Tea Party Alliance. Less than 20 of the Tea Party groups were in attendance, and there was discussion about this point. Many of the Tea Party groups don't want others to endorse candidates for this very reason. You think that the Muskegon Tea Party endorsed Bill Shuette? WE DID NOT.

Most ALL of the Tea Parties DID NOT endorse anyone. It is not what we do.

But, if you think the government has over-stepped its bounds, that their are "statists" that want to take our liberties, Then stand with us.

Looking forward to your feed back.

Best wishes,

Chris K

Muskegon Tea Party

CC: Exec Commitee, Tea Party of W MI, Ludington Tea Party, FB, RH, JR, BC,

Archived