Wife / Family Members Living In Household Protected?

can anybody speak to this? i recently read a flowchart on this site about the steps the cops take to get a search warrant for an MMJ patient.

one of the reasons listed that they would be granted the warrant is to the tune of "anybody who is thought to be on premise that isn't a qualified patient, etc"

well, my wife isn't a patient, and im my own caregiver. does this mean that she could be arrested for being here? while were on the subject, what about friends? presumably a patient isn't just effing around and medicating with non-patient friends, could they get arrested just for being on premises?

thanks!

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

I think this covers just about anyone who may be living there or just stopping by. Correct me if I am wrong.

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

I think this covers just about anyone who may be living there or just stopping by. Correct me if I am wrong.

x2

Archived