New Grow Room

hummous

Hi I just build a new grow room which is 14X8, a veg room 8x8, what color should i paint the floor, right now it just plywood, I'm thinking of leaving it alone. another question if my intake is coming from the out side should i pre heat the air so that it wouldnt shock the plants when it comes in? or should i have the air hit the res and cool the water down. the res is not going be in the same room, just out side of it so i can keep the water temp cool.

Thanks in advance.

I'm rumnning a dwc bubbler system with a ebb type circulation system, 20gal res and a 55 gal water tank (not sure if that makes a difference)

Need to paint the floor IMO if for no other reason than to protect your 30+ dollar a sheet investment.

I would go with flat or satin white enamel. Bright looks good & easy clean up.

I would not send the freezing air into the grow. It might not even be good for circulating through the lights. Sending that cold air into the warm glass of the light sounds a little scary to me. I have the same problem so in the winter I draw my air from one end of the basement & send it back out at the other end. If I need to heat or cool the air I can do this in another room. The plus is the basement gets that heat for 12 hrs at night during the winter. In the summer I pipe things back outside.

Actually i was think of painting the wood a epoxy gray, the room i build is a outside, away from the house next to my barn,it's 17x17 that i insulated, the floors are cement. I was growing in my basement but my inlaws are coming for a month and i can't have them see that, esp my father inlaw is a retired cop (wife is freaking out). Not sure if i need fresh air just as long as i open the door to the room at least once a day.

Same for me grow room not in house . With lights on temp around 68/72 , but lights off and fans suck in Cold air, fast heat loss haven't started any night time heat as room is well insulated, just have fans on timers with lights.

don't do a intake just an exhaust you need to have some sort of negative pressure, as far as heat loss use a sapce heater with a thermostat

Archived