Failed Back Surgery Syndrome - Fbss

Edward, I feel for your situation truly I do

I wish there was something I could do to help you. as for I know the effects that disability has on someone. I also know there is nothing anyone can do?

but I will pray for you and your family, and one day we will prosper there are far to many good people suffering. something good will happen to us, it has to happen.

Trix :bighug:

Edward, I feel for your situation truly I do

I wish there was something I could do to help you. as for I know the effects that disability has on someone. I also know there is nothing anyone can do?

but I will pray for you and your family, and one day we will prosper there are far to many good people suffering. something good will happen to us, it has to happen.

Trix :bighug:

Wow I'm deeply touched with your sentiment! Its appreciated and I'll add a tag to my prayer tonight for you and yours.

Passing along a kind word can do wonders for a persons emotional well being I know, you just brightened this moment for me.

Although I'm busted up and hurt we have many in our community who are suffering far more than me. They don't get kind words or offered a prayer, they suffer in silence and alone.

But we're changing that with every patient we help align with a compassionate caregiver, teach them how to grow, or just go and sit with them and let them know they aren't alone and haven't been abandoned or forgotten by society.

Introducing someone into a compassion club who has been confined to home because they had no place to go and socialize with other people like themselves can be the first step in starting the healing process.

I believe in what we are doing. Its the right thing, its compassion. We are standing for those who can't and sadly for those who won't.

But stand we must or they'll take away the one thing that far to many have found gives them a quality of life that have never known.

Peace

We are ALL in this together for each other

• 1 month later...

I too suffer from major back pain and the want to put rods and pins in my back! I am afraid of surgery!

to many horror stories and watched my mom die from to much antestisa. So i suffer with the pain and have just

gotten MM card and have been using this to help along with the vicoden.

I too suffer from major back pain and the want to put rods and pins in my back! I am afraid of surgery!

to many horror stories and watched my mom die from to much antestisa. So i suffer with the pain and have just

gotten MM card and have been using this to help along with the vicoden.

First off, Welcome to the neighborhood! :D Lots of great people and the grow forums will help you get you a masters in cannabis cultivation for free if you want it.

I'm glad you have found medicinal cannabis can help you and hopefully you'll be able to greatly reduce the narcotics and still receive adequate pain relief.

Using several different strains in different combinations I was able to reduce my narcotic use even further down to one 10Mgm Methadone and if needed one 10Mgm Oxycodone per day.

Welcome to, The Michigan Medical Marijuana Association, We're redefining compassion

Ed

Guest finallyfree09

just got the chance to read this thread. hope you are feeling better now that its spring. i have the same condition in my l4 l5 spine without the radiculitis. what is that? i have radiculopathy in my leg whatever that is.

i haven't had any surgeries yet and i am allergic to almost everything they give me. i had prednisone for the first time last week and had a crazy reaction to it. no insurance.... AND the weather sucks. hopefully it gets better soon.

just got the chance to read this thread. hope you are feeling better now that its spring. i have the same condition in my l4 l5 spine without the radiculitis. what is that? i have radiculopathy in my leg whatever that is.

i haven't had any surgeries yet and i am allergic to almost everything they give me. i had prednisone for the first time last week and had a crazy reaction to it. no insurance.... AND the weather sucks. hopefully it gets better soon.

For muscle tension I use Tiger Balm extra Strength and my girl massages into my lower-mid back, both SI joint areas, and my legs. It does give some relief but I think its more psychological than physiological, but relief is relief.

Take Care

Ed

Lumbar Radiculitis

Lumbar radiculitis is an inflammation or irritation of a nerve root in the lower, or lumbar, region of the spine. When radiculitis is present, there is always some degree of pain present. This pain is a result of pressure on the nerve root (radicle) where it connects to the spinal column.

http://www.spinaldisorders.com/lumbar-radiculitis.htm

You probably already know, not an easy deal. Morphine should be outlawed. Yea it helped with my pain too, as it kills you. If you can do it yourself it will require you to accept most of the pain & nights without sleep. Getting through your mind that you can deal with it without completely disconnecting your brain is the biggest hurdle. I had to change the way I live. Eating right will help more than you think. Focus on being as healthy as you can. Naps to make up for the missing sleep.

Like I said not an easy deal but if I can do it anyone can. Still have days where I don't do well socially, I accept that as part of the deal too. I still feel like something is missing from a year of morphine Tx. Bottom line is that scared me worse than the pain.Stopping was survival. No choice.

All I can say to all these comments are "Amen"

In August 2006 I ruptured L-4/5 in April 2007 L-4/5 were fused but the surgeon ran the screws all the way through the vertebra that I didn't know at first. After months of unending pain and muscle spams they did and MRI and it showed the fusion was crooked and the screws sticking out the other side of the vertebra.

So April 2007 they fuse my spine but wrong and in April 2008 they went in and removed the hardware from my back. Two major surgeries in the same spot 360 days apart, I kept the hardware. The pain I suffer from now is worse than when I first injured my back.

They diagnosed me with lumbar radiculitis,Lumbar spinal stenosis,Lumbar Facet Syndrome, and FBSS. My legs are on fire and the shooting pains are just a pain in the you know what and its almost constant it seems like. I weighed 291lbs when was hurt but I'm down to between 225 - 230lbs. I watch my diet drink plenty of filtered water and have fresh fruit and veggies often.

But it doesn't seem to matter what I do the pain in my lower-mid back is just ungodly. I do gentle stretching and my lady massages my back we walk but even that is really getting painful.The muscle spasm especially at night are starting to become more frequent and longer in duration like I was told they would.

At one time my daily dosage of pain medication was as follows;

240-300 Mgs Morphine

30-75 Mgs Oxycodone

700-1050 Mgs SOMA

And now because of cannabis therapy if needed daily I am down to;

10-20 Mgs Methadone

15 Mgs Oxycodone

On a near daily basis I use between 2-3 grams of cannabis and my first dose is with-in twenty - thirty minutes of me being awake. I find if I medicate that early between 6:45 - 7:15am it greatly lessen the chance of having to deal with a muscle spasm and I give the pain an early block.

With cold weather coming on more than likely it will be necessary for me to use my full prescribed dose of narcotics. The cold along with the damp just makes everything hurt that much more sooner and longer.

Even thou I'll eventually end up in a wheel chair I have a pretty good life all in all. My daughter turned out OK getting her education doesn't drink or do drugs and works. My family is healthy I belong to fabulous community of activists for humanity.

There are times when I do get very depressed and angry especially when I see Sisters and Brothers of the cause being mistreated by being arrested. Stress and anxiety can increase and I think even induce pain I know stress is a trigger with me so I try and stay as calm as i can but there are times.

The Compassion Club I belong to offers a way for me to deal with the stress of my disability because of the ability to be able to talk about it on a one on one situation with someone dealing with some of if not the very same things I am.

Being of the same mind set makes discussing personal matters that much easier and the relaxed social setting of a compassion club adds to that. I'm only 52 years old and there are days when i hurt so bad i don't get out of bed and if i do I'm not up very long.

Another reason why I don't understand where people are coming from when I hear being disabled is a free ride, you don't have to work anymore. I tell you what. You spend a year living with the pain and discomfort i go through and tell me its a free ride.

And I'm not talking aches and pains I can deal with that I'm talking about this kind of pain a tooth ache or, Imagine the worse physical pain you have ever felt double it and suffer with it every single day 24/7/365. Sure some days are a 4 on a 10 scale but then some days are a twelve.

Yes lets not forget that free money we get right? MMMM..Lets see. I was earning $42000.00 a year that's $3500.00 a month I now receive $1500.00 a month that's $18000.00 a year, a $24000.00 dollar cut in income. I didn't factor in yearly raises,incentives,performance raises,bonuses etc. I lost my car to repossession,my house to foreclosure, my credit rating took a huge monstrous hit, and like some who lose their income for an extended period I exhausted almost all my savings.

Being disabled is no free ride. I'd go back to before I was injured in a second if I could, my quality of life suffered greatly and it angers me,but I also discovered how good this has been. I've gotten closer to my family,made some life long friends and met some of the bravest people in the world.

Ed,

You are so right about how many feel regarding being on disability and qualifying for Medical Marijuana. I have had more people tell me how lucky I am. Yeah that's right telling me how lucky I am to have a disability. You and I both know that we would much rather be healthy and not using medical marijuana than lucky. Believe me I support Medical Marijuana and also support complete legalization, but there is nothing that can replace good health. I also have days where it is hard to continue living with the pain, but I am going to fight every obstacle on my way and hope you have the strength to do the same. Get in touch if you need an ear or support.

Archived