Failed Back Surgery Syndrome - Fbss

In August 2006 I ruptured L-4/5 in April 2007 L-4/5 were fused but the surgeon ran the screws all the way through the vertebra that I didn't know at first. After months of unending pain and muscle spams they did and MRI and it showed the fusion was crooked and the screws sticking out the other side of the vertebra.

So April 2007 they fuse my spine but wrong and in April 2008 they went in and removed the hardware from my back. Two major surgeries in the same spot 360 days apart, I kept the hardware. The pain I suffer from now is worse than when I first injured my back.

They diagnosed me with lumbar radiculitis,Lumbar spinal stenosis,Lumbar Facet Syndrome, and FBSS. My legs are on fire and the shooting pains are just a pain in the you know what and its almost constant it seems like. I weighed 291lbs when was hurt but I'm down to between 225 - 230lbs. I watch my diet drink plenty of filtered water and have fresh fruit and veggies often.

But it doesn't seem to matter what I do the pain in my lower-mid back is just ungodly. I do gentle stretching and my lady massages my back we walk but even that is really getting painful.The muscle spasm especially at night are starting to become more frequent and longer in duration like I was told they would.

At one time my daily dosage of pain medication was as follows;

240-300 Mgs Morphine

30-75 Mgs Oxycodone

700-1050 Mgs SOMA

And now because of cannabis therapy if needed daily I am down to;

10-20 Mgs Methadone

15 Mgs Oxycodone

On a near daily basis I use between 2-3 grams of cannabis and my first dose is with-in twenty - thirty minutes of me being awake. I find if I medicate that early between 6:45 - 7:15am it greatly lessen the chance of having to deal with a muscle spasm and I give the pain an early block.

With cold weather coming on more than likely it will be necessary for me to use my full prescribed dose of narcotics. The cold along with the damp just makes everything hurt that much more sooner and longer.

Even thou I'll eventually end up in a wheel chair I have a pretty good life all in all. My daughter turned out OK getting her education doesn't drink or do drugs and works. My family is healthy I belong to fabulous community of activists for humanity.

There are times when I do get very depressed and angry especially when I see Sisters and Brothers of the cause being mistreated by being arrested. Stress and anxiety can increase and I think even induce pain I know stress is a trigger with me so I try and stay as calm as i can but there are times.

The Compassion Club I belong to offers a way for me to deal with the stress of my disability because of the ability to be able to talk about it on a one on one situation with someone dealing with some of if not the very same things I am.

Being of the same mind set makes discussing personal matters that much easier and the relaxed social setting of a compassion club adds to that. I'm only 52 years old and there are days when i hurt so bad i don't get out of bed and if i do I'm not up very long.

Another reason why I don't understand where people are coming from when I hear being disabled is a free ride, you don't have to work anymore. I tell you what. You spend a year living with the pain and discomfort i go through and tell me its a free ride.

And I'm not talking aches and pains I can deal with that I'm talking about this kind of pain a tooth ache or, Imagine the worse physical pain you have ever felt double it and suffer with it every single day 24/7/365. Sure some days are a 4 on a 10 scale but then some days are a twelve.

Yes lets not forget that free money we get right? MMMM..Lets see. I was earning $42000.00 a year that's $3500.00 a month I now receive $1500.00 a month that's $18000.00 a year, a $24000.00 dollar cut in income. I didn't factor in yearly raises,incentives,performance raises,bonuses etc. I lost my car to repossession,my house to foreclosure, my credit rating took a huge monstrous hit, and like some who lose their income for an extended period I exhausted almost all my savings.

Being disabled is no free ride. I'd go back to before I was injured in a second if I could, my quality of life suffered greatly and it angers me,but I also discovered how good this has been. I've gotten closer to my family,made some life long friends and met some of the bravest people in the world.

I'm sorry your surgery failed. So often I hear similar stories, I knew someone who had back surgery and it was worse afterwards, she was always in pain. Knee surgery often has the same outcomes, I've known people who tried it and got worse. I've been disabled all my life so I know how hard it is to survive. My income is so low, but it's taught me how to budget and I can manage ok, could teach the government how to budget and spend wisely. I tried to work, did a little, really loved it, wish I could go full time but it's impossible for me.

You're lucky you have a family and live in a supportive place. I'm glad the MM helps you.

Sb

In August 2006 I ruptured L-4/5 in April 2007 L-4/5 were fused but the surgeon ran the screws all the way through the vertebra that I didn't know at first. After months of unending pain and muscle spams they did and MRI and it showed the fusion was crooked and the screws sticking out the other side of the vertebra.

So April 2007 they fuse my spine but wrong and in April 2008 they went in and removed the hardware from my back. Two major surgeries in the same spot 360 days apart, I kept the hardware. The pain I suffer from now is worse than when I first injured my back.

They diagnosed me with lumbar radiculitis,Lumbar spinal stenosis,Lumbar Facet Syndrome, and FBSS. My legs are on fire and the shooting pains are just a pain in the you know what and its almost constant it seems like. I weighed 291lbs when was hurt but I'm down to between 225 - 230lbs. I watch my diet drink plenty of filtered water and have fresh fruit and veggies often.

But it doesn't seem to matter what I do the pain in my lower-mid back is just ungodly. I do gentle stretching and my lady massages my back we walk but even that is really getting painful.The muscle spasm especially at night are starting to become more frequent and longer in duration like I was told they would.

240-300 Mgs Morphine

30-75 Mgs Oxycodone

700-1050 Mgs SOMA

10-20 Mgs Methadone

15 Mgs Oxycodone

On a near daily basis I use between 2-3 grams of cannabis and my first dose is with-in twenty - thirty minutes of me being awake. I find if I medicate that early between 6:45 - 7:15am it greatly lessen the chance of having to deal with a muscle spasm and I give the pain an early block.

With cold weather coming on more than likely it will be necessary for me to use my full prescribed dose of narcotics. The cold along with the damp just makes everything hurt that much more sooner and longer.

Even thou I'll eventually end up in a wheel chair I have a pretty good life all in all. My daughter turned out OK getting her education doesn't drink or do drugs and works. My family is healthy I belong to fabulous community of activists for humanity.

There are times when I do get very depressed and angry especially when I see Sisters and Brothers of the cause being mistreated by being arrested. Stress and anxiety can increase and I think even induce pain I know stress is a trigger with me so I try and stay as calm as i can but there are times.

The Compassion Club I belong to offers a way for me to deal with the stress of my disability because of the ability to be able to talk about it on a one on one situation with someone dealing with some of if not the very same things I am.

Being of the same mind set makes discussing personal matters that much easier and the relaxed social setting of a compassion club adds to that. I'm only 52 years old and there are days when i hurt so bad i don't get out of bed and if i do I'm not up very long.

Another reason why I don't understand where people are coming from when I hear being disabled is a free ride, you don't have to work anymore. I tell you what. You spend a year living with the pain and discomfort i go through and tell me its a free ride.

And I'm not talking aches and pains I can deal with that I'm talking about this kind of pain a tooth ache or, Imagine the worse physical pain you have ever felt double it and suffer with it every single day 24/7/365. Sure some days are a 4 on a 10 scale but then some days are a twelve.

Yes lets not forget that free money we get right? MMMM..Lets see. I was earning $42000.00 a year that's $3500.00 a month I now receive $1500.00 a month that's $18000.00 a year, a $24000.00 dollar cut in income. I didn't factor in yearly raises,incentives,performance raises,bonuses etc. I lost my car to repossession,my house to foreclosure, my credit rating took a huge monstrous hit, and like some who lose their income for an extended period I exhausted almost all my savings.

Being disabled is no free ride. I'd go back to before I was injured in a second if I could, my quality of life suffered greatly and it angers me,but I also discovered how good this has been. I've gotten closer to my family,made some life long friends and met some of the bravest people in the world.

Dear EdwardGlen,

Reading your story about your back is exactly like that of my wife. Her surgery was at the L-5/S-1 area.

Me? I have neck problems.

But, before I tell you how bad mine our I am going to say this: The back problems that you and my wife are faced with are 100 times more painful that what I go through. I know there are days when she simply has a hard time getting dressed and just doing normal things.

I have "thrown my back out before" after doing something too strenuous - moving...for example. The back pain I experienced made my neck pain seem like stubbing a toe!

I feel for you - I do.

Neck pain is bad - but, back pain you can't even move/walk/etc...

Do you follow football? Watch ESPN? One of their NFL commentators, Marc Schlereth (sp), he used to play for the Denver Broncos has back problems that ended his career. He's the guy that had around TWENTY - yes, 20 surgeries during his NFL career. His last operation was his back surgery - same area of where my wife had hers. It ended his career. He admits that he has back pain every day 365 days a year and 24/7 - just varying degrees of it.

Weather? Oh my God! I dread this winter coming up and so does my wife. We managed last winter as that was at the beginning of a relationship of whom I thought would be our last caregiver. Until, we found out they were selling our meds at the restaurant in Waterford. How do I know this - my caregiver's wife told me she was doing this.

So, we are no basically without meds and afraid to branch out and find someone else as we seem to get taken advantage of and lied to - so we are without.

Yikes, got off track - sorry.

My neck is fused from c-4 thru c-7 now with varying degrees of bulging and herniated discs above and below the fusion site.

In hindsight I don't know if I would have had the first surgery done as now I've had three of them.

We need help. With winter coming up and not a consistent supply of meds it will be more than dreary and extra painful. Since we are not rich and can't afford the IDIOTIC per gram prices, I'm not sure where we go from here.

Quite frankly, I am very disillusioned with the whole ball of wax.

Mizerman

p.s. a few folks have reached out on-line but never come through... :(

mize where are you? I still use black market most times, and Only a few weeks ago did i have a small prob, I wanted better than waht i had, and what i had was prob better than most, Im paying any where from 170 to 250 a zip.(depending on quality) a few weeks ago I almost went for some 300 a zip stuff, but it didnt come thru, but i did wind up with some very fresh budds for 225 zip. vapes real nice, a lil pricey for medibles though!

Peace

FTW

Jim

E.G Im so sorry for your auto biography! sounds so much like so many people i know including me, I went from 278lbs to 165lbs I felt better, now i have been holding steady at 175-180, The dr. will write me any thing i want, what i want is for my auto ins co to pay for my mm! I was in an auto accident in may of 98, been dealing with the pain for 12 yrs, I went from making a few grand a wk to a grand a month, real easy change eh?

I doubt I will ever get back what i paid in to s.s!

every one that thinks im taking a free ride can kiss my a s s! I paid for my ride, not my fault our gov dont know how to say no to other countrys and take care of us better!

sorry Bro!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Yeah didn't mean to ramble just wanted to be sure I laid it out as best I could but, those are not my true financials. I'm embarrassed to put out there what i receive monthly and its not because I receive more either I can tell you that. Hopefully in the near future we'll be able to medicate,acquire,and dispense without all the drama so we can concentrate on getting well.

From what I can find and been told the formula that Social Security uses when determining much the claimant will receive hasn't been updated since the mid nineteen sixties, same with the formulas FIA uses there all out dated.

I'm not up to date on the statistics where today's wages are compared to the cost of living over the past thirty years but for those who are still working wages haven't kept up with the cost of living. Minimum wage was $7.00 an hour a few years ago and its what now, $7.85 an hour. Eighty five cent increase over say five years wages did not keep up with the cost of living.

If the American worker was paid a living wage we would not have such a gap between the wealthy and the poor. Not everyone is cut out to be a Doctor or a Wall Street Traitor..er Trader, we have a large unskilled labor force but this country is losing its manufacturing and agricultural jobs to off shore entities.

Our country was built on agriculture and then manufacturing and for our country to be strong again we need to get back to those basic ideas and principles that made us strong. With all the scares of tainted fruit and vegetables coming from foreign producers I don't understand why more American farmers are not joining forces to fill the gap of quality fresh food for our country.

At one time America produced some of the best cotton in the world we also led the world in apple production. I'm a realist I'm not preaching some unattainable utopia but with 14 million Americans out of work and the prospect of the new national unemployed average to be 8-9% instead of the long standing 4-6%. Jobs need to be created and one area where jobs can be created rather quickly is in agricultural.

And if the Tea Party members and some of the GOP have their way all unemployment extensions will be canceled and you'll only receive twenty nine weeks. So we could have several million people with children to feed and house now out of work and no unemployment and whats worse no social safety net, what are they to do.

Washington may have to look back in history and revamp some of the programs started during the depression you cannot have millions of unemployed hungry angry homeless people on the streets. It will make the post WWII food riots in Europe look like a picnic.

Yeah didn't mean to ramble just wanted to be sure I laid it out as best I could but, those are not my true financials. I'm embarrassed to put out there what i receive monthly and its not because I receive more either I can tell you that. Hopefully in the near future we'll be able to medicate,acquire,and dispense without all the drama so we can concentrate on getting well.

From what I can find and been told the formula that Social Security uses when determining much the claimant will receive hasn't been updated since the mid nineteen sixties, same with the formulas FIA uses there all out dated.

I'm not up to date on the statistics where today's wages are compared to the cost of living over the past thirty years but for those who are still working wages haven't kept up with the cost of living. Minimum wage was $7.00 an hour a few years ago and its what now, $7.85 an hour. Eighty five cent increase over say five years wages did not keep up with the cost of living.

If the American worker was paid a living wage we would not have such a gap between the wealthy and the poor. Not everyone is cut out to be a Doctor or a Wall Street Traitor..er Trader, we have a large unskilled labor force but this country is losing its manufacturing and agricultural jobs to off shore entities.

Our country was built on agriculture and then manufacturing and for our country to be strong again we need to get back to those basic ideas and principles that made us strong. With all the scares of tainted fruit and vegetables coming from foreign producers I don't understand why more American farmers are not joining forces to fill the gap of quality fresh food for our country.

At one time America produced some of the best cotton in the world we also led the world in apple production. I'm a realist I'm not preaching some unattainable utopia but with 14 million Americans out of work and the prospect of the new national unemployed average to be 8-9% instead of the long standing 4-6%. Jobs need to be created and one area where jobs can be created rather quickly is in agricultural.

And if the Tea Party members and some of the GOP have their way all unemployment extensions will be canceled and you'll only receive twenty nine weeks. So we could have several million people with children to feed and house now out of work and no unemployment and whats worse no social safety net, what are they to do.

Washington may have to look back in history and revamp some of the programs started during the depression you cannot have millions of unemployed hungry angry homeless people on the streets. It will make the post WWII food riots in Europe look like a picnic.

Nothing would make me happier than to see a few MILLION people storm the capitol and "draw and quarter" as many elected officials as they can get their hands on...

Mizerman

p.s. RevThad has inspired my "drawn and quartered" wish list this holiday season! :devil:

I do a faceplam at all these tea baggers who are from the lower and middle class who seem to be OK with the redistribution of wealth from the lower and middle classes to the most wealthy classes these last 10 years. They are worried about taxes when they should be worried about protecting well paying jobs. The day is coming when they will not have to worry about taxes at all because there will be nothing left for us lower classes. And as history has shown rich people hold on to their wealth and power and it does not trickle down to the rest of us.

Nothing would make me happier than to see a few MILLION people storm the capitol and "draw and quarter" as many elected officials as they can get their hands on...

Mizerman

p.s. RevThad has inspired my "drawn and quartered" wish list this holiday season! :devil:

Great, I get the recognition for inspiring the drawing and quartering of public officials, yet my more peaceful statements go unnoticed? Or were you adding me to the list? ;)

Have a great day.

P.S. I have been refusing surgery on my back to avoid the exact complications that have been discussed in this thread. They are willing to fuse my spine with no worries about "quality of life", but want me to wait another 10-15 years for the knee replacements that would actually add to my ability to enjoy that quality of life... go figure.

Great, I get the recognition for inspiring the drawing and quartering of public officials, yet my more peaceful statements go unnoticed? Or were you adding me to the list? ;)

Have a great day.

P.S. I have been refusing surgery on my back to avoid the exact complications that have been discussed in this thread. They are willing to fuse my spine with no worries about "quality of life", but want me to wait another 10-15 years for the knee replacements that would actually add to my ability to enjoy that quality of life... go figure.

Rev Thad,

DEFINITELY NOT adding you to the list - you're one of the good guys!

I just hope I live long enough to witness some serious civil uprising and downright disobedience towards the people we put into office.

They have trampled all over the rights of the individual and lined their pockets with greed from the corporations. Those folks - from both political parties should be at the head of the line for the "drawing and quartering"...lol ;)

What amazes me is this about out poilitcians:

We have one side - the republicans who don't want to get rid of the Bush Tax Cuts that ONLY HELP the upper crust of society - (between 1 and 2 percent of the population - yet they took control over the House of Representatives last Tuesday and that makes about as much sense as me starring in porno movies with Jenna Jameson!) :lol:

Then, we have Nancy Pelosi who promises us a vote from the House of Representatives on the one-time $250 Stimulus check for the elderly, disabled, and the rest of the folks who receive any type of Social Security benefits.

Note: It passed in the House of Representatives last year only to be voted down on the United States Senate. Guess what? Our two democratic senators from right here in Michigan voted NO. Yep. Debbie Stabenow and Carl Levin both voted NO. I called both of their offices to ask HOW they were going to vote and the ding-dongs that answered the phones in their offices said they didn't know - well, that was a LIE.

They had already voted.

So, when I pointed that out to the people on the phone they immediately started raising their voice to me - actually yelling at me.

Note: I'm not racist, but the woman in Stabenow's office that was yelling at me was named "Marta" and could barely speak or understand the English language.

I'm sure that Obama -(who I affectionately now refer to as "Chocolate Jesus") will allow the Bush Tax Cuts to remain permanent. He has shown his true colors ever since he got into office by being the true corporate lackey that he is - no real help for any of us - only to corporations.

The elderly, disabled, poor, are all going to get the shaft once again. I'm quite certain the most vulnerable of us in this society we call a country will begin to be eliminated one by one as we fall through one financial crack after another.

This 'ol fart is barely hanging on by a thread and I'm not sure how we will survive this month - much less next.

Merle Haggard has an old song called, "If We Make It Through December..." and those words hit so close to home for us that I don't even know what else to say!

Happy Sunday morning thoughts by Mizerman :growl::devil::angry:

p.s. sorry to vent - was reading this sipping my first cup of coffee and hadn't turned on the Iolite yet...LOL

They need to send us into combat.

How scary would it be to have a bunch of guys who have been living with back pain for years, all pissed off & limping toward you. Looking for someone to take it out on. lol...

anyone else have that 1000 yard stare........ When you go there the pain goes away a little.

There sure is a bunch of us out there & the stories are pretty much the same...

I got mine done at the VA, How scary is that.................

Maybe we all need to get together & have a symposium on back pain relief...............

& to EG the op I feel your pain. I am pretty much in your exact situation. It was hard to go from working 60hr weeks in construction to the 3 yr wait for ss & now living of a third of what I used to. Your wallet & pride take a big hit. It seems like noone gets it until they've been there.

If anyone thinks I'm going to feel bad about getting my disability after 6 years of being all I could be & 27 years of working construction their more fubar than me.

Weve got nothing to be ashamed of in fact its just the opposite.

They need to send us into combat.

How scary would it be to have a bunch of guys who have been living with back pain for years, all pissed off & limping toward you. Looking for someone to take it out on. lol...

anyone else have that 1000 yard stare........ When you go there the pain goes away a little.

There sure is a bunch of us out there & the stories are pretty much the same...

I got mine done at the VA, How scary is that.................

Maybe we all need to get together & have a symposium on back pain relief...............

& to EG the op I feel your pain. I am pretty much in your exact situation. It was hard to go from working 60hr weeks in construction to the 3 yr wait for ss & now living of a third of what I used to. Your wallet & pride take a big hit. It seems like noone gets it until they've been there.

If anyone thinks I'm going to feel bad about getting my disability after 6 years of being all I could be & 27 years of working construction their more fubar than me.

Weve got nothing to be ashamed of in fact its just the opposite.

Well said comrade - very well said.

My wife and I have people IN OUR OWN FAMILY that don't understand that we are disabled.

I started working when I was 15 and busted my donkey for 21 years before becoming disabled.

Note: You can't even get Social Security Disability unless you have enough credits.

My wife worked from the time she was 16 up until she was 44 and became disabled.

I LOVE YOUR IDEA ABOUT ALL OF US MARCHING TOGETHER - ONE GROUP OF SOME VERY PISSED OFF PEOPLE WHO DEAL WITH EXCRUCIATING PAIN ON A DAILY BASIS...

I'm beginning to think if I got tasered that it would just tinkle me off!

Warm thoughts by Jack Handy,

Mizerman

p.s. one has to be pretty messed up to be awarded social security disability benefits at the ripe old age of 38 from an injury that took place when you were 36

• 1 month later...

How do you get off the meds??. I to have had back surgery L2& I find out only part L3. I lost the use of my legs. The last MRI taken. On a Friday on the table stat a.m. Monday.Its been one year since surgery. I complain of the pain, spasms, cramps in my legs back,and now rt shoulder. Now all L3-all L5 are bad. They couldn't at that time repair the Herniated Disks, now bulging disks.

My Physician wants to dump me because I'm still on HEAVY MEDS.

My Physiatrist wants me to have spinal shots of all sorts. He is not sure what to do for me. He contacted the Neuro Surgeon who did the work. He said to the DOC I garuanteed the patient 2 things. He would walk again and would have pain and need further surgey the rest of his life.

Life is like this everymorning: Using a walkertaking all those pills. Lost 25lbs I didn't need to lose. Know looking sickly on 240mg Morph-30-60mg Percs- 4mgZanaflex-10mg Flexiril-900mg Neurotin. The list goes on!! Oh now I need a hip replacement I'm told.

I feel better when I smoke my medication. I only medicate at night, do to trying to work with the public. I have

I have never had as little as a headache. Till I fell off a step ladder, do to a Pharmacy mix up giving me the wrong medication. 100mg of THORIAZINE instead of 100mg THIAMINE-w- Folic Acid. The Pharmacy reversed the transaction when contacted by my girlfriend was told to put them in coffee grounds and flush.

She kept them. One pill missing. I may lose my business & all I have worked for do to this. My girlfreind is helping out. Though the type of work I do is highly specailized there may be 4 people in the state whom may be qualified. Yes they own their own co. too.

Ok the real question: How do I get off the pills- Manage the extreem debilitating pain-Get a Full nights rest. Then funtion at work. I can't go to Henry Ford or Brighton as out patient. I have A.D.D. in which some meds are not allowed that I must take.

Any suggestions??

You probably already know, not an easy deal. Morphine should be outlawed. Yea it helped with my pain too, as it kills you. If you can do it yourself it will require you to accept most of the pain & nights without sleep. Getting through your mind that you can deal with it without completely disconnecting your brain is the biggest hurdle. I had to change the way I live. Eating right will help more than you think. Focus on being as healthy as you can. Naps to make up for the missing sleep.

Like I said not an easy deal but if I can do it anyone can. Still have days where I don't do well socially, I accept that as part of the deal too. I still feel like something is missing from a year of morphine Tx. Bottom line is that scared me worse than the pain.Stopping was survival. No choice.

How do you get off the meds??. I to have had back surgery L2& I find out only part L3. I lost the use of my legs. The last MRI taken. On a Friday on the table stat a.m. Monday.Its been one year since surgery. I complain of the pain, spasms, cramps in my legs back,and now rt shoulder. Now all L3-all L5 are bad. They couldn't at that time repair the Herniated Disks, now bulging disks.

My Physician wants to dump me because I'm still on HEAVY MEDS.

My Physiatrist wants me to have spinal shots of all sorts. He is not sure what to do for me. He contacted the Neuro Surgeon who did the work. He said to the DOC I garuanteed the patient 2 things. He would walk again and would have pain and need further surgey the rest of his life.

Life is like this everymorning: Using a walkertaking all those pills. Lost 25lbs I didn't need to lose. Know looking sickly on 240mg Morph-30-60mg Percs- 4mgZanaflex-10mg Flexiril-900mg Neurotin. The list goes on!! Oh now I need a hip replacement I'm told.

I feel better when I smoke my medication. I only medicate at night, do to trying to work with the public. I have

I have never had as little as a headache. Till I fell off a step ladder, do to a Pharmacy mix up giving me the wrong medication. 100mg of THORIAZINE instead of 100mg THIAMINE-w- Folic Acid. The Pharmacy reversed the transaction when contacted by my girlfriend was told to put them in coffee grounds and flush.

She kept them. One pill missing. I may lose my business & all I have worked for do to this. My girlfreind is helping out. Though the type of work I do is highly specailized there may be 4 people in the state whom may be qualified. Yes they own their own co. too.

Ok the real question: How do I get off the pills- Manage the extreem debilitating pain-Get a Full nights rest. Then funtion at work. I can't go to Henry Ford or Brighton as out patient. I have A.D.D. in which some meds are not allowed that I must take.

Any suggestions??

The Medicine Man asks;

"How do you get off the meds??" That's a question that a lot of us ask ourselves and for me it was time, patients, comfortable surroundings and things that kept me occupied when I got fidgety.

An understanding Doctor working with you is a big asset and it also depends on your level of dependency and how your body and mind react to stopping the drug(s). It took roughly seven months just to slowly reduce my dosage to minimize the chances for withdrawals and there were a few times that I didn't think I'd be able to do it.

I'll post address and phone number here for the community this is a highly professional clinic and they take what they do seriously. I honestly don't know where I would be at this time if not for the Doctors at this clinic.

Chronic Pain Institute

43145 Schoenherr Road

Sterling Heights, MI.48313

(586)997-5048 Office

(586)997-5049 Fax

• 2 weeks later...

240-300 Mgs Morphine

30-75 Mgs Oxycodone

700-1050 Mgs SOMA

10-20 Mgs Methadone

15 Mgs Oxycodone

hi i just wanted to let you know that i know the feeling i had my first back when i was 14 years old but it did not work the funny thing about this is that i did not find out about this untill i went to see my doctor about having pain in my hip and lower back so in 2009 they replaced my hip the hole hip and the pain eas still there so they did xrays and mris and thats when i found out that the surgery that i had at 14 was no good they stop the sergrey about a foot to short so in 2110 at the age of 50 they did anouther sergrey this time they ran rods almost the full lanth of my back and put somethng like 20 screws and had to cut a part of my spine so i could stand up stright so now i can't work and can't afford my meds half the time and the money i know all about that too i was making $1,750.00 a week now i get $891.00 a month that makes it kind of hard to live but what can you do anyway i just wanted to let you know your not alone i fell the someway and i have days i can't even get out of bed now and i hate that more then anything not being able to help my wife and kids and not being able to do alot of stuff so i take it one day at a time well thats about it for me i wish you better luck and have a great day papajoe

Re:The Pain Institue do they really help you? I'm Hesitant and abit nervous to call. So I ask this! Prior to my surgery and again now they want me to have Epidurals. "I've been hit with enough Epidurals including a Caudal, also a Fxxxing needle in the groin down into my thigh! NONE TOOK! I told my Dr. THEY DON"T WORK!.I have heard it works for others. I can't have them, it's a waste! The anesthesiologist/M.D. amazed agreed with me, he also reported to my Dr. that I am an expensive ticket. Because they could not put into a twilght.

I have a very high tolerance level included is pain.

240mg Morphine along the 10mg of Percs & the other pills don't seam to have an effect on me anymore.

Can Clinic help without the use of Epidurals?

Thank you and the others for sharing input

I Appreciate it

Please forgive me for not answering you question so much sooner. No excuse I just didn't see the reply, I apologize.

First and foremost the Doctors respect and encourage patients to take an active roll in their treatment if the patient wants to there is no pressure from the Doctors. I researched the meds they suggested before I tried them and when I did try something I took copious notes about the affects either positive or not.

The Doctors there are the benchmark of what a physician should be and how to treat the patient as a person first.They will not force or attempt to talk you into any procedures and they do explain every option available to your specific needs. They understand the emotional stress that severe chronic pain can inflict and its compounding affect it has on pain, their people to.

All the staff are women and to me that makes taking about health issues easier for me anyways. Dr.Deogun performs all the procedures that require injections and other surgical procedures that can be done on an out patient basis. The new clinic he built has two out patient operating rooms with state of the art monitoring systems and anesthesiology equipment.

I lost track on how many different types of injections that were tried before I went there for a second opinion and never went back to the other Dr. All the Doctors and Nurse Practitioners when you go into their office count how many different degrees and certificates they have from some of the best medical schools in the country.

Please I don't want anyone to take the next statement as being suspicious or disrespectful so here goes.

This is not a pill clinic. You will never get your prescriptions written early and if you say your pills were stolen you have to bring in the police report.

They randomly drug test patients to see if you're at therapeutic levels and if not you had better have a real good reason. Because the second time its a low result you'll be informed you are no longer welcome at that clinic.

You will get one last prescription(s) written a list for other pain management clinics and a copy of the clinical notes of your last three visits for free and asked not to return.

They are good people and know how to treat people.

hi i just wanted to let you know that i know the feeling i had my first back when i was 14 years old but it did not work the funny thing about this is that i did not find out about this untill i went to see my doctor about having pain in my hip and lower back so in 2009 they replaced my hip the hole hip and the pain eas still there so they did xrays and mris and thats when i found out that the surgery that i had at 14 was no good they stop the sergrey about a foot to short so in 2110 at the age of 50 they did anouther sergrey this time they ran rods almost the full lanth of my back and put somethng like 20 screws and had to cut a part of my spine so i could stand up stright so now i can't work and can't afford my meds half the time and the money i know all about that too i was making $1,750.00 a week now i get $891.00 a month that makes it kind of hard to live but what can you do anyway i just wanted to let you know your not alone i fell the someway and i have days i can't even get out of bed now and i hate that more then anything not being able to help my wife and kids and not being able to do alot of stuff so i take it one day at a time well thats about it for me i wish you better luck and have a great day papajoe

We are far from alone, we have a few million friends pretty much in the same boat as us and brother, all we can do is take one day at a time and be thankful for it no matter how much we hurt.

Its good your family is still with you to often we hear that one partner or the other could no longer handle the stress of living with a disabled person and leave. To me that is a very selfish and immature thing to do particularly if you're married.

Get creative in the area of doing things with and for the family. We had entirely to many board games or so I thought and was ready to donate them to the thrift store that is until I was injured. Being short on entertainment funds also so we broke out the games and set aside two nights a week for board games. I found some old rolling papers and half a powder dry joint that was God only knows how old in a Battleship game we got a yard sale.

Right now I have two small funds I add to what I can when I can. One is for this summer for each weekend for a local trip or one day event(s). You plan it right and have a vehicle that gets decent mileage the Metro Parks have really great summer programs and many are free you can do two or three parks in one day. My children are grown so its just me and the better half so its easier for me to be more frugal (I'm not cheap,honest) i just don't like to and can't afford to needlessly spend money.

The second fund is for gas money to make the rally's this spring and summer.

After it was determined I would never return to work or have the life I had I needed to find ways to stay active both physically as much as I could and social activism. That includes helping neighbors who need to make a phone call or need a ride or a meal. We collect dry goods for the Salvation Army and a couple of the local Churches for their food pantry's.

Hang in there my friend.

Peace

• 4 weeks later...

The Medicine Man asks;

"How do you get off the meds??" That's a question that a lot of us ask ourselves and for me it was time, patients, comfortable surroundings and things that kept me occupied when I got fidgety.

An understanding Doctor working with you is a big asset and it also depends on your level of dependency and how your body and mind react to stopping the drug(s). It took roughly seven months just to slowly reduce my dosage to minimize the chances for withdrawals and there were a few times that I didn't think I'd be able to do it.

I'll post address and phone number here for the community this is a highly professional clinic and they take what they do seriously. I honestly don't know where I would be at this time if not for the Doctors at this clinic.

Chronic Pain Institute

43145 Schoenherr Road

Sterling Heights, MI.48313

(586)997-5048 Office

(586)997-5049 Fax

A Compassion Club out of Lansing has an Indica heavy strain called "The Clipler". It's the best Indica strain I have seen in years. Give them a call. They deliver to the Detroit area.

Sweet Relief Compassion Club

877-900-0374

A Compassion Club out of Lansing has an Indica heavy strain called "The Clipler". It's the best Indica strain I have seen in years. Give them a call. They deliver to the Detroit area.

Sweet Relief Compassion Club

877-900-0374

I appreciate the information but I cannot afford to buy my medication.

Peace

We are ALL in this together

Archived