Overpaid Application Fees?

Daddy Nothing

So yesterday I got a letter in the mail from the Michigan Treasury for $100.00, the reason being the overpayment of application fees. The problem is that I didn't overpay my application fee, even though I've had my caregiver card for some time now, I still have the cashed check for 100.00. I do have a misdemeanor possesion charge on my record but I was under the impression that wouldn't disqualify me. Is this just a clerical error? Is there a problem with my card? How do I find out what's going on? Should I just call the MDCH, would they be able/willing to tell me what's going on? I'm a little nervous having these plants right now that I don't know for sure if they're legal anymore or even what's going on. I'm hoping an accountant just screwed up somewhere...

So yesterday I got a letter in the mail from the Michigan Treasury for $100.00, the reason being the overpayment of application fees. The problem is that I didn't overpay my application fee, even though I've had my caregiver card for some time now, I still have the cashed check for 100.00. I do have a misdemeanor possesion charge on my record but I was under the impression that wouldn't disqualify me. Is this just a clerical error? Is there a problem with my card? How do I find out what's going on? Should I just call the MDCH, would they be able/willing to tell me what's going on? I'm a little nervous having these plants right now that I don't know for sure if they're legal anymore or even what's going on. I'm hoping an accountant just screwed up somewhere...

The patient pays the $100 and assigns a caregiver if desired. I didn't think there was a fee for caregivers.

The patient pays the $100 and assigns a caregiver if desired. I didn't think there was a fee for caregivers.

Yeah you're right. Sorry I didn't think about that because I paid my patient's fee. So it was my check ;)

Could that be why they think I overpaid? Hopefully there's not a problem with my patients card now...I've gotta get to the bottom of this...

Archived