Cannabis And The Elections. Things To Remember.

greenbuddha

Sounds like they learned nothing. Except that what they tried didn't work. All this crap he is spewing out for "Next time" is just as messed up as the crap they tried to pass. We need more clear leaders in this fight, I didn't agree with 3/4qtrs of what was said in that article. And tell me this... How are you going to test for marijuana at a roadside stop? darn people, it's NOT a Dangerous drug! Quit trying to portray it like something that needs control. It's safer than the tap water in your house, so why all the darn regulations?? If you want it legal, then just do that and quit all this other nonsense. The more you add to the wording of the legislation, the more marijuana is made to look like Heroin's evil cousin....

Agreed about the comparisons to alcohol; that is one of NORML's platform planks that should be reconsidered in these modern times, I think. I hate to second-guess people that have been at this longer than me, but continuously comparing marijuana to alcohol is to marijuana's detriment. Alcohol is much more dangerous and causes far more social harm.

I believe the reason that they continue to compare it to alcohol is because of their position on recreational use. Logically, comparing cannabis to alcohol in terms of recreational use, cannabis wins hands down; but only in a vacuum. That vacuum does not allow for the years of propaganda, the stereotypes, and stigmas attached to marijuana use to be taken into account. Ignoring the mindset of the populace, and not attempting to change the perception of those that use marijuana for medicinal or recreational purposes, will continue to be met with the knee jerk reactions that we have become familiar with.

I agree with you, I believe the plank needs to be reevaluated or at the very least restructured, to make sense of the current situation across the nation. Also, to take advantage of the ground that has been gained over the last decade.

Just my opinions...

Sounds like they learned nothing. Except that what they tried didn't work. All this crap he is spewing out for "Next time" is just as messed up as the crap they tried to pass. We need more clear leaders in this fight, I didn't agree with 3/4qtrs of what was said in that article. And tell me this... How are you going to test for marijuana at a roadside stop? darn people, it's NOT a Dangerous drug! Quit trying to portray it like something that needs control. It's safer than the tap water in your house, so why all the darn regulations?? If you want it legal, then just do that and quit all this other nonsense. The more you add to the wording of the legislation, the more marijuana is made to look like Heroin's evil cousin....

Nem... Agreed it all needs work... but we have to at least begin to re-evaluate what 'did' and 'didn't' work and the longer we put off looking the further behind we will get.

We're bound to be unsuccessful again in two years time if we don't start now..

Communication and support are the keys IMO.

Great reading. People in California are hitting problems now that we will hit later.

Could not agree MORE,, Zapa.

MAJOR economic AND social changes will be coming along.

California just always seems to get there before anyone else, including Michigan.

If we pay attention we might just learn something to our benefit.

Could not agree MORE,, Zapa.

MAJOR economic AND social changes will be coming along.

California just always seems to get there before anyone else, including Michigan.

If we pay attention we might just learn something to our benefit.

This is very true on many fronts, not just the cannabis issue. Their financial situation is one that many state will be facing in the (not so distant?) future...

Today is day 6 of the new election cycle, let us start putting things in to action, or at least laying the plans for those actions. ;)

Archived