Out Of State, Out Of Mind!

MichiCare

Hey All! I'm new to the MMMA and am very impressed with all of the great info and topics. Hear is my ?. I currently live in Wisco. and have a drivers license from here but i own property in Michi and split my time between the 2. Do i need to have an I.D. from Michi to be a caregiver or patient? I currently have 3 folks who would like me to be there caregiver but im not sure if i can or not. Thanks for any input!

yes, you need to have valid MI Identification to the best of my knowledge.

the program is for residents of michigan. in order to be a legal resident, you must have residence, proof of that residence, and current ID.

(they make you take a utility bill or something similar lease/title to the BMV to prove residence)

Correct.

You need a MI driver's license to be a resident of Michigan.

In order to get one, you need a number of things listed here:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/DE40_032001_20459_7.pdf

I used my current out of state driver's license, signed lease with contact information of the property owner, and an electric bill in my name.

Once you start service with a utilities company, one can request paperwork, even a bill with a $0.00 balance, to be sent immediately to expedite a situation.

Good luck.

P.S. Your license comes in the mail a week after you apply and pay for one. Kind of strange but consistent with not getting your patient/caregiver cards for 120+ days. Jk.

Correct.

You need a MI driver's license to be a resident of Michigan.

In order to get one, you need a number of things listed here:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/DE40_032001_20459_7.pdf

I used my current out of state driver's license, signed lease with contact information of the property owner, and an electric bill in my name.

Once you start service with a utilities company, one can request paperwork, even a bill with a $0.00 balance, to be sent immediately to expedite a situation.

Good luck.

P.S. Your license comes in the mail a week after you apply and pay for one. Kind of strange but consistent with not getting your patient/caregiver cards for 120+ days. Jk.

Guys you dont have to have a MI license. I just moved from IN and I used my IN license. You can used any goverment ID. You just have to have a address in MI. I thought the samethig until I took my girl friend to turn in her paper work. When we were there I asked. The lady said the person before us was from HI. I would have stayed in HI. Hope this helps.

Archived