New To Mmj

New to MMJ and the forums!

I am going to see my usual family practitioner this week. I have Fibromyalgia (along with nausea, depression, anxiety, and celiac disease) but have never gone to the doctor about it. I just started getting all of this joint pain a few months ago. It was on and off, but now it hurts everyday. (My mom and grandmother both have fibromyalgia, and I have ALL the symptoms so I'm almost positive I have it.) I am a minor, but my mom would be OK with natural meds because she was on the drug Lyrica before for my condition but hated it....so that's not an issue. I am absolutely against prescription drugs and what they do to your body.

I was just wondering what the process is for acquiring a patient card, and finding a caregiver. I have looked all over but cannot find a detailed answer.

What do I need to say to my family doctor? What are the next steps? How do I find a caregiver - how does that work?

I am on medicaid, my mom has a very low income, and my dad is not in the picure. I would like a caregiver that had lower prices..

I live between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids.

Thanks in advance.

It will be great if you are able to convince your own doctor to sign the necessary recommendation for you to become a patient. The approach I would take is that you don't want the pharmies because of what they will do to your body with prolonged use. Ask the doctor what he/she thinks of using alternative medicines, if the response is negative then you will have to use one of the medical marijuana clinics. As a minor you will also have to have the signatures from TWO doctors, from different practices. In order to be seen by one of the clinics you must have a qualifying condition, certified by records from three different visits to your regular doctor.

I would suggest that you read the MMMAct, available on line at the State of Michigan Dept. of Community Health. It will give you a good idea of how it works for a minor.

As for finding a caregiver, the law states that your parent/gaurdian has to procure your cannabis for you. They can either get it from a caregiver or they can grow your medicine for you. That is the only way you can acquire your meds...

Hope all goes well for you...Peace...j.b.

Archived