New Caregiver With Questions

jdbgrowing

I am newly appointed primary caregiver for 1 patient. I am not currently a patient myself, but plan to apply in the near future. I will be taking new patients over the next couple months. While I understand that due to the nature of this process the entire community continues to fall into areas of gray. With that said I have a few questions I hope to get answered here.

1) What documentation, if any, do you require your patients to sign if they designate you as their primary caregiver? I was looking at this more from a safety standpoint. If I have a patient that does not take their 2.5 ounces of usable meds and they put me in an overage situation time after time can I remove them as a patient? Would a document signed at the beginning of the relationship stating that either of us can "opt out" of the relationship at any time with appropriate notice be acceptable?

2) I plan to log each patients plants, their strains, a log of when and how much medicine they were given. They will get bags or pill bottles with a label showing their name, patient id #, amount enclosed and a not for resale statement listed on each package. Should I consider anything else here?

3) What, if anything, is listed in the laws about caregivers "testing" meds for quality? This is a serious question and I could not really find any information on the topic. This is a case where I am not a patient yet?

4) Has anyone informed DTE that they are registered caregiver to avoid questions about increased usage? I have read that DTE has a policy where you can inform them you are a registered caregiver to avoid any potential "red flagging" issues.

Thank you in advance for any help!

JD

ill answer a few of your questions

1 yes i would have a contract with my patient, but i would be compassionate( dont recall you mentioning that) :angry:

2 yep and log how much you make and spend on each one, (for uncle sam) :rolleyes:

3 taiste it! eat all you want! dry.gif

4 While you are informing dte, also stop by and give leo your adress and let them know your opening up shop! :unsure:

Hope this helps!

Peace

FTW

Jim

ill answer a few of your questions

1 yes i would have a contract with my patient, but i would be compassionate( dont recall you mentioning that) :angry:

2 yep and log how much you make and spend on each one, (for uncle sam) :rolleyes:

3 taiste it! eat all you want! dry.gif

4 While you are informing dte, also stop by and give leo your adress and let them know your opening up shop! :unsure:

Hope this helps!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Jim, Thanks for the answers I really appreciate it. Does anyone have sample contracts they would be willing to share? When you say "eat all ya want" is that a opinion or actual legal fact? Once again I know the gray area comes into play.

Archived