Future Jobs?

isoman234

I was wondering if getting my mmj card would have any affect on my future employment? Not because I might fail a drug test. I mean can an employer not give me the job because I used to be a mmj card holder? I'm wondering about this legally and in actuality as well

Dlo is right. Short of failing a drug test, it is a don't ask don't tell kind of situation. Employers do NOT have access to a list of patients or anything like that. Now that being said, if you do gain employment and then get injured or test positive on a random drug screening, you may lose access to things like unemployment insurance or disability...

I was wondering if getting my mmj card would have any affect on my future employment? Not because I might fail a drug test. I mean can an employer not give me the job because I used to be a mmj card holder? I'm wondering about this legally and in actuality as well

Well the law says you can not be penalized for using MM. People hire for whatever reason they want all the time though.

Rule 333.127 Management of medical marihuana.

Rule 27. (1) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a

registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or

penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not

limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational

or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana

in accordance with the act, if the qualifying patient possesses an amount of

marihuana that does not exceed the following:

Archived