% Of Humidity In Jars

can you easily snap the stems? a good indicator if meds are properly dry is that you should get a good snap when you break a stem or pull a nug apart.

a lot of novice growers put their meds into airtight jars way too soon. it should be crispy-dry when it goes into those jars. if you notice that when you put it into a jar, and in a couple hours the whole lot is moist again, then you are still too wet to go airtight.

• 2 weeks later...

Can any one help? I have dried my harvest for 13 days and the buds that are in jars are 40% humidity, I'm thinking that is to moist...What is the right % for long time storage in glass jars? Migreen :blink:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.

65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.

60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing.

55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

I cut/pasted this info from this thread... Everyone should read imo. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237

Archived