Soo Police Captain Arrested Dui

The Police Captain for the City of Sault Ste. Marie was arrested this weekend for driving under the influence.

The City Manager's Office says Judd Price was arrested in his own car while driving on I-75 by the Mackinac County Sheriff's Department.

Price has been suspended from active duty and says he's sorry for the embarrassment and harm his arrest is causing.

A new interim Police Chief is expected to be named today.

Northern Michigan's News Leader is in Sault Ste. Marie today, and is working to bring you continuing coverage on what comes next.

I'm surprised he was even arrested, they usually let each other go with a warning.

Should have just had a couple bong hits instead Judd, this never would have happened.

this is exactly what i was going to post as soon as i saw the heading. this happens all the time, not just with police, but with high-level city/state officials/businessmen, people of high level in society.

if they do end up getting caught, a) it was a mistake and the arresting officer is in for some schatt, or b) they've been gunning for them for a while, and finally hit the mark.

WE all know how prevalent mj use is, but i think primarily society is naive and have no idea how prevalent mj use. it's illegal for all of society (aside from mmj users). it's not just illegal for leo. so, why should mj use be lower in leo's ranks? hell, they're pulling us over and ganking our sacks. how many actually make it to the locker? how many of us were "lucky enough" to have a leo let us fly with a warning after confiscating our sacks to "destroy it?"

back to the story at hand, though......

this guy should have been let go with a warning. there is more to this story than is on the surface, guaranteed. maybe he just does this enough and has gotten enough warnings and they're sick of it, or he pizzed a city counsel member off, or ?????

Archived