Another Marijuana Proprietor Supporting Moratorium

Please form your own opinion of Mr. Taylor's stance. Obviously, from the title of my thread, I disagree strongly with Mr. Taylor. Moratoriums = less competition for medical marijuana establishments = higher prices and reduced services for patients.

I applaud Mr. Taylor for attempting to work in a responsible manner, but find his comment that "Each new entity tempts others to lower standards" to be extremely insulting and offensive. Mr Taylor, do you really believe that you are the only one in the medical marijuana community capable of of and striving to operate responsibly and with community in mind? That is very condescending and a slap in the face to the medical marijuana community.

As I stated in my comment on the article, I'm entirely in favor of responsible and reasonable zoning of medical marijuana establishments. Moratoriums, however are not responsible, reasonable, or in the best interest of patients.

From today's Lansing State Journal: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20101211/OPINION02/12110306/Saturday-s-letters-to-the-editor

"As the co-owner of Cannabis Service Centers in Mount Pleasant, Lansing, and Traverse City, I would like to express my thanks to Councilwoman Carol Wood for taking the initiative to address the proliferation of new medical marijuana entities in Lansing with a moratorium.We opened on May 1, 2010, after looking at the law and forming a mission statement - "To bring Proposal 1, 2008, from a state of theory into a state of practice in such a way that it benefits not only patients and caregivers, but the entire state of Michigan."

We feel that the willingness to submit to taxation, transparency of records, and patient acquisition limits provide a "litmus test" to draw a line between entities that keep Public Health and Safety in mind, and those whose only goal is profit.

We operate only during daylight hours.And we do not advertise in the mass media, or with marijuana leaves that children pass by en route to school, even if other entities do.

Each new entity tempts others to lower such standards.

Matthew Taylor

Lansing"

Guest Happy Guy

Another thing that makes this even more sinister is that the lobbiest for the dispensaries had language that would make two growers in a home considered a dispensary and would be part of the moritorium and subject to inspection and regulation.

More than one dispensary owner applauded the moritorium. Basore did also. He was another with a dispensary that would be allowed to flourish while others suffer with the moritorium.

Archived