Conference Markets Medical Marijuana To Seniors

freemannabis

I had talked to the MMMA about doing a senior program in 2009. Folks didn't see a need, but I have my seniors with whom I deal.

Yah, having a sit down at the local library/senior center would be great.

Seniors like a face to face, ability to ask questions and discuss.

What's the perspective from local senior groups and care providers on MMJ?

Neither my wife and I are quite the age of "seniors" - but, we do visit our local "senior center" with regularity because we are both on Social Security Disability.

They offer help in navigating the confusing MediCare insurance programs as well as we are getting our taxes done for free this year vs. having to pay H & R Block $140 to do them.

It will be a great thing when these places start to treat Medical Marijuana as a very real alternative vs. the incredibly harmful, addicting, and internal organ destroying narcotics & opiate based medicines.

******************************************************************************************

Dear Ms. Chocolate,

If your club was closer to where my wife and I lived we would see you on a regular basis. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "The best Compassion Club Meeting I have ever been to was the one you held down at Palmer Park in the summer of 2009!"

Mizerman

Guest 1TokeOverLine

We are seniors and most of our friends are seniors. The hardest part is breaking through the Reefer Madness government propoganda that has been force fed them all their life. The most common belief is "It must have been illegal for a good reason." Remember, this generation was raised trusting LEO and government officials. A hard nut to crack, but the missus and I try hard with reason to every elder we meet.

"Yah, having a sit down at the local library/senior center would be great.

Seniors like a face to face, ability to ask questions and discuss.

What's the perspective from local senior groups and care providers on MMJ? "

About the same as those that voted for compassion - 60% are open to discussion not involving their personal care. Elders are going through the pain and suffering, and will be open to alternative care on some level for others that suffer. The other 40% don't want the label "pothead" or court law enforcement on any level.

1T

• 2 weeks later...

I found that once you separate industry use from the medical, from the recreation use; the rest is easy. I’m not much of a smoker, and I have found that most seniors do not want to smoke. Ingesting is wonderful, and many have found my cookbook to be very helpful. What really gets the seniors (and yes, I am one) are my topical preps. Relief from aching joints and nerve pain, without the high & internal damage is a good thing. With seniors, you have to give first the knowledge, then information. To bad the 3ma didn’t see the need to involve seniors and other health groups and organizations.

Mizerman – because of health issues, I had to halt the meetings. I have been asked to come back, and I will. I have done a few talks and workshops. It's nice moving at my own speed and pace.

I think this is a huge untapped market. (I don't mean for profit, I mean for helping these folks with some more effective, less harmful meds in many cases of course). I know a couple in their mid 70's who are learning about and taking advantage of natural meds and away from pills and they are both getting healthier and happier. The benefits are amazing. Many of us are old and getting older. We all need to have the best help available, and cannabis is a huge part of this new health equation.

Archived