Bob Seger Plots New Album, March Tour Dates

EdwardGlen

Already started saving my pennies...

http://www.billboard.com/news/bob-seger-plots-new-album-march-tour-dates-1005013852.story#/news/bob-seger-plots-new-album-march-tour-dates-1005013852.story

Bob Seger is coming with a new album and tour this year -- and that's about all we know about them at this point.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer announced on Thursday (Jan. 27) that he'll be hitting the road in March for his first tour since 2006-07. He also promised a "forthcoming, as yet untitled new release" that's expected to come out shortly before or during the trek.

Seger plans to reveal the concert dates in the near future. He has posted a 42-second teaser on his official web site and YouTube mixing music and archival visuals with a U.S. map highlighting Michigan, Ohio, Missouri and New York.

Seger first announced his intent to tour last May in a Detroit radio interview. A fall tour was tentatively planned and then withdrawn when Seger decided to spend more time recording. He and his Silver Bullet Band began rehearsing for the tour last week in the Detroit metro area.

Seger played 50 shows on his last tour, which promoted his then-new album "Face the Promise." Since then he's released the partly retrospective "Early Seger Vol. 1" in 2009.

:D I love Bob Seger!

I've got a pretty funny story too. I have a friend that I grew up with that plays the Trombone. He's really good. So good, that he played backup for Seger on his last tour. Well, my brother and I went out to Columbus to catch a show and our friend hooked us up with backstage passes.

Cool, right? But it gets better. He gave us an 'extra' 2 backstage passes, so we could find some women to bring backstage to party with.

Well....we're in our early 30's and what kind of crowd would you expect to find a Seger concert? :lol:

We scoured for a couple hours. All we could find were ladies in there 50's and 60's and an occasional younger woman, with her man, of course.....

(nothing against older women. please take no offense. It's just double my age....)

We ended up not giving out the 2 backstage passes..... :D

I've been fortunate to get back stage once in over thirty five years of concerts but once was enough my wife(ex) bought us tickets for an ELO concert at Pine Knob in 76.

The couple behind us worked for "Peaches Records" I think it was and had back stage passes but had already been to the show the night before and didn't want to use them so they gave them to us.

Now..I've been married once, shot at twice, and stabbed but going back stage really scared me for some reason and it wasn't until after we had been there for a half hour or so before I relaxed.

We only spoke with Jeff Lynn and Bev Bevan for just a few short minutes and then we just sort of mingled with the others in there and had a real good time. We did enjoy some very fresh herbs and the candy bowl was awesome but the best part was when after about an hour we were invited to be part of a group photograph and then it was time to leave.

We never did get copies but that's a memory I'll never forget!

I've been fortunate to get back stage once in over thirty five years of concerts but once was enough my wife(ex) bought us tickets for an ELO concert at Pine Knob in 76.

The couple behind us worked for "Peaches Records" I think it was and had back stage passes but had already been to the show the night before and didn't want to use them so they gave them to us.

Now..I've been married once, shot at twice, and stabbed but going back stage really scared me for some reason and it wasn't until after we had been there for a half hour or so before I relaxed.

We only spoke with Jeff Lynn and Bev Bevan for just a few short minutes and then we just sort of mingled with the others in there and had a real good time. We did enjoy some very fresh herbs and the candy bowl was awesome but the best part was when after about an hour we were invited to be part of a group photograph and then it was time to leave.

We never did get copies but that's a memory I'll never forget!

Not a back stage moment but just as good. My Daughter and I had breakfast with Alice Cooper at WCSX I was picked as Employee of the day and part of the prize package was breakfast with Alice at the 94.7 WCSX radio station so I took my daughter called in late to work and went.(my brother is huge Cooper fan and was he hot! But I gave him the special section seating tickets we got for the state fair show)

One of the nicest people I have ever met! I'm not sure who was more nervous me or my daughter but he spent about ten minutes maybe a little less at our table and spoke with us.

When I asked for his autograph I realized I didn't have any paper so I took a ten out of my wallet and laid it on the table and he drew Hamilton to look like him and then autographed the bill.(He also signed two posters)

Completely blew my mind when he handed back and said "When will I see it on eBay" FAT CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING! I assured him he would never see it on eBay (while he was alive) He has a great laugh...

That's a Daddy - Daughter moment that is embedded in my soul.

post-5463-0-74185300-1296172480_thumb.jpg

Better than a Warhol!

post-5463-0-11540200-1296172427_thumb.jpg

25374_372839000059_583980059_3684997_3328691_n.jpg

Bob doesn't party anymore at all. After a show, he goes right to his Limo to his private plane and back home....

edit: Bob Seger that is...Not Bob Ritchie..... :D

Not our homeboy?1 I seen Kid pass out cold at 'HARPOS' in the early 90's.

Not our homeboy?1 I seen Kid pass out cold at 'HARPOS' in the early 90's.

:D

I grew up near Harpos. I only went there twice though. I was like 17 and used an i.d. that said I was 23. I looked nothing like the guy.... :lolu:

Seemed like a bunch of guys ready to fight at Harpos. Dudes taking off their shirts on the dance floor and stuff....

:D

I grew up near Harpos. I only went there twice though. I was like 17 and used an i.d. that said I was 23. I looked nothing like the guy.... :lolu:

Seemed like a bunch of guys ready to fight at Harpos. Dudes taking off their shirts on the dance floor and stuff....

Yeah it was like any other night club its a bar at heart and there will be blood on occasion. I can only honestly recall seeing three fights and none were inside.

One of the best times we had there was when "MOUNTAIN' played there just before Felix Pappalardi was murdered by his wife. The band sounded so good that night and west and Laing had played off of the audiences vibe and it just flowed and as usual Laing was accurate with his stick shots to the audience.

My favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znHesp9yUT4

Yeah it was like any other night club its a bar at heart and there will be blood on occasion. I can only honestly recall seeing three fights and none were inside.

One of the best times we had there was when "MOUNTAIN' played there just before Felix Pappalardi was murdered by his wife. The band sounded so good that night and west and Laing had played off of the audiences vibe and it just flowed and as usual Laing was accurate with his stick shots to the audience.

My favorite

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=znHesp9yUT4

It was probably around '96 when I went.... it may have went downhill from the early 90's.... I don't know....

They were closed for a while due to some kind of virus outbreak or something. I think it had to do with dirty glasses if I recall. It was a long time ago....

I'll have to research this "MOUNTAIN" LOL :lol:

Archived