M M Dispensaries Not Associated With Increased Crime

thanks2

http://www.enewspf.com/latest-news/police-reports/21428-colorado-medical-marijuana-dispensaries-not-associated-with-increased-crime.html

Denver, CO--(ENEWSPF)--January 28, 2011. An analysis of Denver crime statistics for 2010 contradicts claims that the operation of medical marijuana dispensaries are associated with elevated incidences of criminal activity.

According to a Denver Post story published this week: "A Denver police analysis completed late last year of areas around dispensaries showed that the number of crimes in those pockets dropped in the first nine months of 2010 compared with the same period in 2009. The drop, 8.2 percent, was marginally less than the city's overall drop in crime of 8.8 percent, according to police."

A separate Denver Post analysis of citywide crime crimes committed in the first 11 months of 2010 found that "some Denver neighborhoods with the highest concentration of dispensaries per capita saw a bigger decrease in crimes than did some neighborhoods with no dispensaries."

Over 800 state-licensed medical marijuana dispensaries presently operate in Colorado. The highest concentration of these facilities is in Denver.

Previous analyses have also failed to find any association between the proliferation of medical cannabis dispensaries and elevated crime rates. For example, a 2010 review by the Colorado Springs Gazette newspaper reported, "[P]olice have yet to find a correlation between the city's approximately 175 pot shops and increased crime."

A similar 2009 review of Los Angeles crime data also failed to establish a positive link between medical marijuana facilities and crime.

Thank you for posting.

In maqruette the police chief was using the raised crime due to diespensarys at there last meeting.

I just sent the link to the council

Good for you!

And when we catch anyone I don't care who it is making public comments we know to be false and can back that up we have to call them out and use every single word you are allotted in your reply with the truth. Provide links from reputable news sources, universities, authors, scientists but please no 'I heard it from a guy" with-out being able to back it up.

We have them on the ropes because we are in the right and they are the ones breaking the law or should I say LAWS!

The amount of mis-information and out right lies being told to the general public has increased and the intricacy of the lies told about the personal lives of patients and their homes at times is disgusting. There is absolutely no reason to drag a person through the gutter unless LEO needs to satisfy some sadomasochistic urge.

I'm still trying ti figure out how we are a threat to society that claim borders on the ridiculous whats worse thou is how news organizations will quote some LEO no matter how stupid the quote is as the gospel and when its proven LEO is wrong the press will rarely report that.

The truth is one of those little annoying things that tyrants don't like and can't suppress.

Our law will prevail.

Archived