Fyi Hydrocodone Recall

kindbuds

I rcd a email yesterday and thought I would post it for anyone it might effect

Qualitest Recalls Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen Tablets Because of Incorrect Package Labeling

Qualitest Pharmaceuticals has issued a voluntary nationwide recall of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, USP 10mg / 500mg, NDC 0603-3888-20, 60 count, lot numbers T150G10B, T120J10E and T023M10A. These lots of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets are being recalled because an individual bottle of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, USP 10mg / 500mg, NDC 0603-3888-20, 60 count was found incorrectly labeled as Phenobarbital Tablets USP, 32.4mg, NDC 0603-5166-32, 1000 count.

Although there are no reports of this label mix-up affecting the recalled lots of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, 10mg / 500mg, Qualitest is being cautious and recalling the lots of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets and Phenobarbital Tablets that are possibly impacted by the label mix-up.

Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen is used for moderate to severe pain. It is made by many different manufacturers and is also sold under other names such as Anexsia, Co-Gesic, Lortab, Norco, and Vicodin. This recall alert only applies to the select lots of the generic Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, 10mg / 500mg from Qualitest. No other Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen products are involved in this recall.

For more information, please visit:

http://www.mediguard.org/r/04FBwXoAFUTU

and

http://www.mediguard.org/r/0ThyPKYP6edA

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

The recalled lots of Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, 10mg / 500mg from Qualitest Pharmaceuticals were distributed between September 21, 2010 and December 29, 2010 to wholesale and retail pharmacies nationwide (including Puerto Rico). Patients who have received prescriptions for Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, 10mg / 500mg between September 2010 and February 2011 may be affected by the recall.

If you take Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, 10mg / 500mg, you may wish to check your medicine to see if it was made by Qualitest. The manufacturer's name is often listed on the prescription label. If your Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen Tablets, 10mg / 500mg are made by Qualitest, they should be large, pink, capsule-shaped tablets, with (3600) imprinted on one side, and a (V) imprinted on the reverse side.

If you think your tablets are made by Qualitest and possibly involved in the recall, or if you think your tablets look different than what you normally receive, take your prescription to your pharmacist to examine. Consumers with questions may also contact Qualitest at 1-800-444-4011 for more information.

If you take Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen and have medical concerns, please follow up with your doctor.

Healthcare professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of this medicine to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting Program by telephone at 1-800-332-1088, by fax at 1-800-332-0178, by mail at MedWatch, FDA, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852-9787, or on the MedWatch website at www.fda.gov/medwatch.

For updated risk ratings on all of your registered medications, or to update your medication list, please log into your profile (https://www.mediguard.org/user).

You can also reach your profile by clicking on the link in the top right corner of any page on our web site.

• 1 year later...

Mis-labeled huh? I believe that 10/500 is as big as they make, so they must have gotten caught pinching!

Evil parmaceutical companies! :growl:

they gave me 12/1000s one time. hey I think I got some of those the one time it was like I took 2or3 vicodin when I only took 1 so I threw them out thought it was my system developing a new problem with chem crap.

Not to be picky, but that recall occurred at least a year ago, if I recall correctly. The problem now is finding geq hydrocodone cobmbo's period. Geq Vicodin 7.5/750 has been in steady supply, but other strengths are in short supply.

The highest strength combo it comes in is 10/660.

Archived